• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade Posted! 1813 CBH - In-Hand images added

15 posts in this topic

Here's the slab. NGC said XF45. Much of what appears to be wear was graded as strike weakness. There is far more color in-hand than the Heritage images suggest. Thanks for all the guesses/comments!

1813obv.jpg

In-hand:

obv2.jpgrev3.jpg

The edge lettering "erupting" into the obverse is pretty cool.

edge2.jpgedge1.jpg

What do you say?

1813CBHobv.jpg1813CBHrev.jpg

You guys are pretty harsh. If you look closely there is quite a bit of luster remaining. I followed this coin so I will refrain from guessing...

You guys are pretty harsh. If you look closely there is quite a bit of luster remaining. I followed this coin so I will refrain from guessing...

Yes, but there is also quite a bit of wear. I personally gave it a net grade for the dipped look.

Yes, but there is also quite a bit of wear. I personally gave it a net grade for the dipped look.

I agree, and I find the dipped circulated look very unnatural and unappealing.

Those were the Heritage images. My in-hand images are going into the 1st post. She has a bit more color in hand as well as traces of mint luster here and there.

Really a stunning coin that the Heritage images did no favors.