• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling My Peace Dollar Collection

14 posts in this topic

So, after some thought, I have decided to part with most, if not all, of my Peace Dollar collection.

There are 3 coins in particular I am partial to, but for all intents and purposes, everything is fair game.

I started collecting ~ 2 years ago, but it turned from being a hobby to being an obsession, which has taken a toll on my family.

No more do I wish to spend hours of valuable time a day browsing ebay, TT, ha.com, and the various forums searching for Peace Dollars at the expense of spending quality time with my family.

Luckily, this obsession has not taken a financial toll, so I am in no real rush to sell.

Please check out the coins in my registry linked in my signature.

If you see anything that you like, feel free to make an offer here or via PM.

Thanks,

AJ

AJ,

Smart man----I saw a picture of you somewhere in the chat boards last year with your kids at a dining room table. Spend all the time you can with them. Before you know it they will be graduated from high school and moveing on with their lifes.

Time Is Precious-----and Irreplaceable.

Later---Rick

do you have any non-toners???? as far as what is on your registry, i would be interested in the 26-s MS64 and 26-d and maybe any others you have laying around, just let me know. On a personal note, i too feel i am spending too much time with this and can understand how you feel. I didnt have a lot going on the past months, but grad school is starting soon and i will have to take some time away form this and hit the books for sure. Whatever happens, best of luck to you.

I agree with coinman.. dont give up the hobby.. just take a vacation from it. Keep all your coins, reestablish comms with the family and begin to plan future endeavors! You never know what tomorrow brings.

I agree with coinman.. dont give up the hobby.. just take a vacation from it. Keep all your coins, reestablish comms with the family and begin to plan future endeavors! You never know what tomorrow brings.

I agree with his suggestion that you keep your coins as well (unless you and your family need the money). You may regret selling them, and the option will always be available later. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who is actively inquiring to purchase a coin or two (i.e. I have an interest, and I am still telling you that you might want to wait). Whatever you decide, I wish you the best.

Again, I agree with Coinman.. Im willing to buy them ALL. But like he said, hold them.. save them for a rainy day. Regroup and we will see you in the collecting world again soon.

Take a break as we all get burnt out at times... The hobby and toned Peace $1's will still be around when you return. As you mentioned since it's not for financial reasons, then please give the sale of your collection some considerable thought... As 6 months down the road you might have serious post sale separation anxiety.