• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got a nice deal on a #15 100 Greatest Modern US Coins

10 posts in this topic

After missing out on this coin last week I finally was able to secure it. Trying to get as many 100 Greatest Modern US Coins and believe that will take me well into the future. Unless I win the NYS lottery. I have to settle for a 69 because the 70's are way too expensive for me at this time. Hell I shouldn't have but I did.

On another subject I found out that I was once number one for the Registered Sets in National Parks Quarters, 2010-Date, Proof Issue (Clad and Silver) only to be knock down to 8th place. Now I know why all the silver NPQ were going fast on ebay. Someone wanted to be at the top of the number 1 position. I can not see paying $175.00 for a proof 70 set. I settled for $118.00 for the proof 70 set. (Missed out on one that sold for $91.00) I won’t have the bragging rights but I did save me some money. Pictue will posted when it arrives.

The photo below is of Deputy Director of the U.S. Mint Andy Brunhart and me when they cam to our TV station to talk about the official launch ceremony for the Millard Fillmore Presidential Dollar being held in Moravia, New York. The ceremony was co-hosted by the United State Mint and the Cayuga-Owasco Lakes Historical Society.

In my hands is the 20th Silver Eagle Anniversary Set. I asked him if the US Mint was going to release the 2010 Proof Silver Eagles. At the time he won’t comment on it and said he was upset that the 2009 was not made. He collects them too.

Happy Collecting

Ed

sig.jpg

AndyBrunhart.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

Well you peaked my curiosity so I had to look it up

Slot: 15 - 1997-P JEFFERSON NICKEL, MATTE "SPECIAL UNCIRCULATED"

Look forward to seeing images if this SP-69

How Long did it take you to complet the set and where did you get th bulk of your cones from?

Cones???

I started my set in 05' or 06' and I just completed it last month. I'm pretty sure that I started my registry of Jeffs with a Jefferson my wife bought me for Christmas one year. I had no intentions of ever really getting into the series that seriously until then. It has been an adventure and a learning experience. My collection is mainly what I'm able to afford and not how many points I get. Until 2 days ago, I never even knew you could look at a specific year and see what the points actually were for each grade. My only outlook has been completion with the best coins I can afford.

FYI After I won my #15 Jefferson I see there is a PF on auction for $177 and I have a PF69. The price difference between the coins is up there. If anyone is interested here is the link. http://www.ebay.com/itm/150743925250?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649&autorefresh=true

If I go for this one which I did I do not think I could afford it. Last PF70 went for over $300.00.

Happy Collecting

Ed

Did you read this in the description:

This coin has been professionally conserved by Numismatic Conservation Services and then graded and encapsulated by NGC,

I beg to ask why it went through NCS first....anyone?

I would bet maybe a little spotting or something. Most these came from a sealed set, so it may have been stored improperly with some discoloration that the submitter didn't like!

Just recieved my 1997 P Jefferson Nickel NGC SP 69 RANK #15 100 GREATEST MODERN US COINS.It is a nice coin. Only 25,000 were sold. Here is the photos of the coins

jf19972.jpg

Jeff1997fs.jpg

Happy Collectiing,

Ed

best_category2011.gif

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg