• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toner buffs posted by cemonice

12 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

i need your opinions

i was going through some older coins that i picked up when i first started this hobby.

I found a roosevelt dime in a PCGS slab graded MS64FB.

The thing i noticed about this coin was the cool colors it had.

My question for you toner buffs is, what kind of toning would this fall under? what i really mean is, what level does it fall under,low, low-mid, mid range toning? Would it draw in a premium?

Thoughts?

10396.JPG

See more journals by cemonice

The problem is that the coin is an MS64 Roosevelt Dime. Nobody collects Rosie's in that grade. Essentially, the Roosevelt series only really becomes collectable in premium gem. Therefore the demand for an MS64, unless it has absolutely monster toning will be little to none. Now if your coin were an MS67, you would have something.

The toning appears very nice from the photos and I am certain that it is much more impressive than your photos show. I looked at Heritage's archives and found a comparable toned coin.

Roosevelt Dime NGC MS65 FT (Rainbow Toned)

I would expect your coin to sell for a similar price: $25

PS. I have notice that a lot of people are using the Journals to ask questions. The number of members who read the Journals section of the forum is limited to those members who also write their own Journal entries. By asking questions in this venue, you are severely limiting the number of responses that you would get by simply starting a new thread in the US Coins section of the forum. Just a suggestion.

The problem is that the coin is an MS64 Roosevelt Dime. Nobody collects Rosie's in that grade. Essentially, the Roosevelt series only really becomes collectable in premium gem. Therefore the demand for an MS64, unless it has absolutely monster toning will be little to none. Now if your coin were an MS67, you would have something....

By asking questions in this venue, you are severely limiting the number of responses that you would get by simply starting a new thread in the US Coins section of the forum. Just a suggestion.

+1

The problem is that the coin is an MS64 Roosevelt Dime. Nobody collects Rosie's in that grade. Essentially, the Roosevelt series only really becomes collectable in premium gem. Therefore the demand for an MS64, unless it has absolutely monster toning will be little to none. Now if your coin were an MS67, you would have something....

By asking questions in this venue, you are severely limiting the number of responses that you would get by simply starting a new thread in the US Coins section of the forum. Just a suggestion.

+1

+1 more

Thanks for the suggestion. I only paid 5 bucks for it so I wasn't to concerned about the demand. I mainly wanted to know the quality of the toning as I am very new to toned coins. I can only base my limited views of toned coins to these forums and eBay.

Thanks for the suggestion. I only paid 5 bucks for it so I wasn't to concerned about the demand. I mainly wanted to know the quality of the toning as I am very new to toned coins. I can only base my limited views of toned coins to these forums and eBay.

Wait,

Let me understand this.

Cemonice=KeeNoooo

You are both the same person?

The best way to learn about toning is to stick around these forums and pay attention to every thread about the subject. Or you could do it the hard way like me and spend tens of thousands of dollars on toned coins.

Paul

Yes I am the same person. When I opened my NGC account I used cemonice and then keenooo for the collectors society. So when I do an entry through NGC journals, it will have two different names.