• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YATPDT Yet another toned peace dollar thread

42 posts in this topic

I rolled the dice on this one. Will have it in hand on Friday. Not a rainbow but I think there may be some interesting colors hidden by the photos. Thoughts?:

7126-02b.jpg

7126-02z.jpg

7126-02a.jpg

Very nice for a 64 but I'm wondering what held it back?

I prefer subtle toning vs wild colors...I think you will enjoy this Peace dollar immensely.

I dont know that I would call it spotchy, unless we have different deinitions of spotchy. The pictures are not great but what I think the toning might look like is an overall reddish underneathing with some golden green coming out of the center. I have another coin with similar toning and I think I know what this will look like. Again it was a bit of a roll of the dice and maybe you see something I dont see but I think it will look nicer than the weak pictures are showing. Not exactly a rainbow toner but unique in its own right.

Very nice for a 64 but I'm wondering what held it back?

I prefer subtle toning vs wild colors...I think you will enjoy this Peace dollar immensely.

As far as the technical grade I think 64 is correct. There is a big hit in the hair and another on the reverse you can see in another pic I didnt post. THere is also activity on the chin and the nose. The grade doesnt matter as much to me as the toning which as you said is not wild by any means but rather unique as I think there will be some nice lime greens and yellows in that center area if my analysis is correct. Pretty sure I'm buried at the price I paid. I dont think it was a terrible price, just not much upside in this toning as far as price growth. But as you said I think I will enjoy it immensly as a collector coins. Definitly not toning you see everyday on a peace$

Here's that reverse picture. I think it looks pretty nice.

7126-02c.jpg

WOW I am a regular with them..... Wonder why they didnt send that out in there email..... Judging from past coins I bought from them. Thats going to be a nice coin!

WOW I am a regular with them..... Wonder why they didnt send that out in there email..... Judging from past coins I bought from them. Thats going to be a nice coin!

I am hoping for lime green in the center there. What do you think?

There are definitely some interesting colors in there, depending on the price paid it looks like a handsome acquisition.

And by the way, there can never be too many toned peace dollar threads, as far as I am concerned.

Just added my latest toned Peace to my collage, after a trip to Tom Bush for imaging.

vertical.jpg

I thought toner was what you put in a copy machine.... ;)

I gotta admit, even though I am a complete novice and don't know my left from my right on toner coins, that reverse is beautiful!

It belongs to a PCGS forum member. I just took it picture. I will fin :) d out more info on it just for you.

Right on Robec. Just checking out your site now, it's very nice. Your imaging is top notch and the customer image layout is excellent.

I am drooling at Sy's gallery at the moment.

It belongs to a PCGS forum member. I just took it picture. I will fin :) d out more info on it just for you.

Right on Robec. Just checking out your site now, it's very nice. Your imaging is top notch and the customer image layout is excellent.

I am drooling at Sy's gallery at the moment.

Thank you. My buddy Winged Liberty did a great job with the design. No customers though, just friends I donated photo work for. Good for practice and great for therapy.

great for therapy.

I don't know what kinda therapy you're in, but I can guarantee my PL's aren't good for it.

It's because of those I need therapy.

There are definitely some interesting colors in there, depending on the price paid it looks like a handsome acquisition.

And by the way, there can never be too many toned peace dollar threads, as far as I am concerned.

Just added my latest toned Peace to my collage, after a trip to Tom Bush for imaging.

vertical.jpg

:whee:

Am I the only one who thinks that the black toning on the 1926 Peace Dollar (top center) is very, very nice? I love color too but that black in the letters just projects age which is pleasing to my eye.

Nice collection there JC10.

Am I the only one who thinks that the black toning on the 1926 Peace Dollar (top center) is very, very nice? I love color too but that black in the letters just projects age which is pleasing to my eye.

I used to own a walker with a rainbow that had purple and a band of black on it that just amazing. It faded from smokey metallic black to purple and light blues. I will have to search a bit for the pics but I will post it.

Hmmm...the pics I found make it difficult to see but the band stretches up towards the top and turns smokey black and eventually dark black.

PurpleObvRbowZ1M.jpg

Nice coins jerseycat. Looks like you have a hole to plug though.

Working several angles to plug that hole.

My dog just cost me $1000 otherwise it would be filled by now, lol.

Well worth it though for this guy. Best dog I could ask for.

378726_10150422184942326_543807325_9255099_451597810_n.jpg

Thanks. That was the first toned Peace I bought. It is more of a dark brown than black, but dramatic nonetheless. It is a 1926-D in a NGC 64 holder. I love how the untoned date contrasts with the surrounding toning. Solid for a 64, probably deserving of a +.