• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recent Submission to NGC

4 posts in this topic

I am not sure if this is the correct firum to post this, but here goes.

I had sent 5 dimes in for regrade about 2 weeks ago. I submitted them all for regrade with my freebie coupon,

This morning, I received a call from NGC advising, that they were body bagging one of my dimes. It is a 1958-P currently graded as MS66*FT. A very attractive coin that I have owned for several months and did not see any signs of a problem with the coin. Apparently upon regrade, one of the NGC graders found that the obverse of the coin had been wiped.

NGC has chosen to compensate for my cost of the coin immediately. Needless to say, I think I am still in shock and extremely dissapointed. My dissapoinment is with the coin, not NGC. I think they handled the situation well and stood by their policy.

Many thanks to the NGC folks for their professionalism in handling a difficult situation.

Lonnie

It's unfortunate that sometimes things like this slip through the cracks, but the end result is one of the reasons why I prefer NGC over others.

Chris