• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1886-P Morgan *grade revealed*

7 posts in this topic

Here is another one. these obviously aren't my pics, I am using Shane's pics or else I would just butcher the coin and it wouldn't be possible to see what it actually looks like. Hope he doesn't mind. I really like this Morgan, because it looks very different than the rest. Its a bit dark, yet colorful.

feel free to guess the grade if you don't already know it.

155hvys.jpg

2who394.jpg

ill post its grade tomorrow.

i found some more pics of it on the PCGS website. this is how the coin kind of looks with no light. once any light hits the coin, the whole coin turns the same color, its quite cool. all the marks that are visible disappear and are replaced with blue or purple.

160v2mf.jpg

2hdw5na.jpg

The luster on the PCGS photos looks sick!!! (in a very good way)

The fields look remarkably clean in both sets of photos. Not a big fan of the toning on that example. Those 2 scratches/nicks below the eye might hurt it but it's a MS64+ IMHO, but a 65 wouldn't surprise me either. A technically nice coin!

Again a tough call with a obverse being a 64 and the reverse being 65

With the hits under the eye and by the ear I have to go with 64

I love the reverse on this coin - I am a sucker for golden cartwheels :)