• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kudo's To John ( Observer44 ) for the Christmas Present (Belated Thanks)

9 posts in this topic

I hadn't had time to post about John and what he did for me at christmas time so I wanted to write a post to thank him for his generosity.

If you guys remember I had 2 beautiful Columbians I put up for auction on Ebay nicely toned MS 64's for BOTH years.

Previous coins of Like type grade and tone sold on ebay between 125-150 dollars so I expected a decent return 99c start with no reserve like they were.

Needless to say I got creamed with 80-85 dollars closings on both coins with John winning both. I was in shock.

I got to the board that night and there was a message waiting for me. John messaged me saying he could not believe what they went for and wanted to know if I wanted to void both transactions. I said no that was not fair to him , he won. He ended up sending me an extra 20 dollars per coin which helped around the holidays. I was still in the hole for BOTH coins but the kindness of John helped it hurt just a little less.

Thanks John ( Observer44)

That was very nice of him. Unfortunately, I don't know him.

It's sad to say that, given the current economic climate, eBay is not much more than a "crapshoot".

Chris

Note 1 - (thumbs u to John

Note 2 - did you list it here first and see if you could get more what you were wanting? I have seen a lot of guys throw stuff on eBay and leave money on the table that could likely benefit both buyer and seller to leave the eBay evil empire out of the loop...just my 2c

Way to go, Observer44. Hope you are lurking about. Nice to have a feel good story these days. Congrats to Mike that you were aided some in you auction.

Neither here nor ats are the bst's selling much. I have seen many beautiful graded coins sit and bumped for 10 days without as much as a pm. I know the seller was bummed out. Not lowball coins either. I think the market has dwindled for the smaller venues and that its holding for the larger auctions and mostly with higher value coins and mid range coins barely making cost and dreck is seldom bid on. Then, that's just my opinion.

Jim