• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Screwed on EBAY - Figures :(

12 posts in this topic

Originally Posted By: jgrinz

A slab picture is all I have right now -

Click my banner for the 1883 Proof set - The new Coin is the 25c

Cannot wait to get it in hand ...

Originally Posted By: jgrinz

Here is the new addition to the 1883 Proof set ...

1883 25c PF65 Cameo

Fits along with the set nicely I think

Warning Ebay seller -

Renneged on the sale after negotiating price three times and me paying for it -

Says someone sold it already ...

Figures I was actually excited about coins again.

Go Figure ...

rantrant

Yes - He wanted 2585 for the coin after going back and forth on figures, I offered him the figure you see.

I paid for the coin and now he says he doesn't have it that it was previously sold two days after payment.

We have been negotiating back and forth for a week until we came up with this figure. grrrrrrrrr

( Sorry schatzy, I get confusing .... remember me now :-) )

I probably wouldn't be so pissed off if he was honest with me.

Well he antagonistically said I must be 'perfect' but apologized for the 'error'.

I guess thats all you can expect from a sleezebayer is an apology.

grrr ..............relax .............relax .............. :luhv:

I hear ya Mike, what can ya do but let it flow under the bridge and move on my friend! May the next one you bid on be in better condition and cost you less.

I hear ya Mike, what can ya do but let it flow under the bridge and move on my friend! May the next one you bid on be in better condition and cost you less.

Problem is they only made a little over 1000 coins in this year ... :)

Tough to find that aint gonna put me inthe poor farm. Proceeds

from the 1886 set was going to pay for this ... well at least I still have the

proceeds .. :)

I have Mark Looking for me - I am motivated to upgrade that quarter now hehe

Though my ballon was popped by this company ( Deleted from above )

He made a concerted effort to appease me by word. I have forgiven him and we are moving on. He is going to a few bigger shows and is going to keep a look out for me for a like coin. He knows my set and understands my displeasure with his 'stringing' me along on this coin that he did not have but is trying to make it right. I will leave a neutral feedback

Sorry for the Rant

That has happened to me several times. The fellow I was buying from just lost touch with his current inventory. I talked him down on a sweet toned morgan and paid for it. A few days after that he sent me an email saying that the coin was already sold. Apparently one of his workers sold it to a customer in the shop and didnt update their online inventory. He sent my money back and apologized for the mix-up. It stinks but hey... "poo happens".

That has happened to me several times. The fellow I was buying from just lost touch with his current inventory. I talked him down on a sweet toned morgan and paid for it. A few days after that he sent me an email saying that the coin was already sold. Apparently one of his workers sold it to a customer in the shop and didnt update their online inventory. He sent my money back and apologized for the mix-up. It stinks but hey... "poo happens".

That stinks; however, it is distinguishable from the instant transaction where the buyer was clearly in negotiations and had accepted his offer and then sold it to someone else.