• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This one seems undergraded. Opinions?

7 posts in this topic

I agree with the grade, b/c too many high points show wear---cheek, arm, leg, breast, etc.

I don't think it looks bright white at all, though. It looks medium toned toward the darker end of the spectrum. Using a scale of 1-5 with 1 being stone white---I would only give it a 3 or so. IMHO.

I agree with the grade, b/c too many high points show wear---cheek, arm, leg, breast, etc.

I don't think it looks bright white at all, though. It looks medium toned toward the darker end of the spectrum. Using a scale of 1-5 with 1 being stone white---I would only give it a 3 or so. IMHO.

The obverse has some toning, but the reverse is blast white. The problem is, the photos are terrible, horribly underlit, and mostly out of focus. Typical for NGC photos - so bad I don't know why they do them.

I would just love to see grading tighten up on the older dollars. Honestly, in the old days, the coin would have been a basic EF-40! It certainly shouldn't be in an AU holder, in my opinion.