• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Biggest coin collection EVER on eBay now!

21 posts in this topic

what do you guys estimate your entire collection to be worth. I am still young, been doing this for about two years and i think my entire collection is worth between $17-20k, its a good start i guess

what do you guys estimate your entire collection to be worth. I am still young, been doing this for about two years and i think my entire collection is worth between $17-20k, its a good start i guess

I'm pretty young too and I know where you're coming from. A lot of the value of my collection is tied up in the silver and gold value since I collected a lot of bullion rounds, just because I like modern large silver rounds. To me they're the closest thing to a modern silver dollar and the silver dollar was always what got my attention as a kid.

I haven't been following prices well enough to know what everything is worth right now though.

looks like someone wants to dump a bunch of coins. seems fishy for some reason.

It may very well be, but you also have to consider the other possibility. Selling that many coins individually or in small lots would take FOREVER. They may just want to dump it and get out of it (financially) without taking months or years and paying huge amounts of money to break it up.

looks like someone wants to dump a bunch of coins. seems fishy for some reason.

It may very well be, but you also have to consider the other possibility. Selling that many coins individually or in small lots would take FOREVER. They may just want to dump it and get out of it (financially) without taking months or years and paying huge amounts of money to break it up.

i would think that if the set were broken up, they would obtain more monetary value. and believe that the seller is willing to dump the coins at a discount due to the sheer volume. not many people want to spend that much cash on so many coins.

Holy cow.. now that is a collection!! I looked through all the pictures and now my head is hurting.. ha ha ha..

why do people, when selling lots, insist on just dumping the coins out. I see alot of that on Ebay. How about making the "pile" organized? Just my $29.99 plus shipping and handling..

If you ever wanted to become a Dealer, here's your chance. Buy this and you can unload 25% of it in a week. The rest is inventory.

I'm leery though because there aren't enough dollars for me.

90% looks like common dreck to me worth melt or only a small premium above; for anyone wanting to bid on melt value, the weight obviously includes the cases and OGP plastic. The other 10% doesn't look worth the hassle of unloading the other 90%.

90% looks like common dreck to me worth melt or only a small premium above; for anyone wanting to bid on melt value, the weight obviously includes the cases and OGP plastic. The other 10% doesn't look worth the hassle of unloading the other 90%.

I knew this feller back in Tennessee what would only buy rolls of silver coins.. junk rolls.. he was like pac-man.