• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 FUN Winnings

24 posts in this topic

Share yours here. :)

Not too bad for $26: ;)

2012HeritageFun_1956-DLincoln_SlabObv1_Combo.jpg

2012HeritageFun_1956-DLincoln_SlabObv_Combo.jpg

2012HeritageFun_1956Lincoln_SlabObv_Combo.jpg

2012HeritageFun_1957Lincoln_SlabObv_Combo.jpg

2012HeritageFun_1958-DLincoln_SlabObv_Combo.jpg

Looks like I might be back in the Lincoln Cent game. :)

As far as the Heritage auction goes, I was blown out of the water on everything I decided to bid on. There were a few I was interested in, until I went to the lot viewing. More on that when I post my show report tomorrow.

There were NO Walkers that I needed or were interested in.

I saw a 1928-S with the BEST strike that I'd EVER seen but the surface luster was POOR. It was in a PCGS slab and it went for 9775!!! Holy mackerel!!

The 1920 with the CAC sticker also went for DOUBLE sheet but it had a long scratch in the right facing field that i found VERY distracting.

Well, I managed to win a coin in this AM's auction; I had placed my max bid a couple of weeks ago and let it ride. Not too many people putting together date/mintmark trade dollar sets, otherwise I probably would have lost out.

1875-P trade dollar

crypto79 tells me the obv. is struck from a repurposed proof die, which I think is pretty cool.

Well, I managed to win a coin in this AM's auction; I had placed my max bid a couple of weeks ago and let it ride. Not too many people putting together date/mintmark trade dollar sets, otherwise I probably would have lost out.

1875-P trade dollar

crypto79 tells me the obv. is struck from a repurposed proof die, which I think is pretty cool.

That is a fantastic dollar, and looks exactly how circulated silver should look.

Here are my winning bids:

meh

jom

Well, I won a Bust Dime in 55 for less than my max, so that was good; however, I was high bidder on a really nice one ( as I bid on line usually then go to the live auction to support my bids,) but I didn't see another well heeled collector sitting across from me, when all of a sudden, my max high bid ( and a generous one too ! ) was trashed and we got into a small bidding war... When the coin went for twice what I thought it should be, I backed out, leaving him to win the coin... I forgot this guy ( he bought my 04-S half in 58 in Chicago) collected only AU CBD's as well. :makepoint:

I did win out on an original 1847 Seated Dime - which looked MS 65 from the

Images, but it's true grade of 62 was closer to the truth once in hand. :o

Regardless, it's still stunning and a perfect fit for my 1847 Date set I have started to work on.

Also, picked up another Seated Dime of 1889 (S ) for my Grandfather's

Birth Year Date Set. It's a 64... and, very well struck, but a tad too white

... at least for my tastes, but, when a toner shows up, I can always

upgrade later. The 89-S in MS isn't too easy a purchase.

There were other purchases as well... Barbers etc. I will add those to the

Barber Mega Thread later.