• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is a shame

26 posts in this topic

Did the seller REALLY say "some are AU" I thought If a coin is holed it ruined the value? and I dont see any that would grade AU, but if he is refering to the 1844 and the 1846 as the AU halves, I don't see how. I can see dings in both rims. I see 7 bids but the seller has a reserve price...I really don't want to know what his reserve is. But are those rare/key dates? im not really familiar with seated halves.

Did the seller REALLY say "some are AU" I thought If a coin is holed it ruined the value?

Having a hole and a greatly reduced value has nothing to do with the detail grade of the coin. So yes they can have a hole and be AU, but they won't have AU value.

I was wonder if he was tempted to use his drill to finish the set?

lol.... Now THAT would be a shame! Can you imagine someone making a video of that?! It would remind me of the old silent movies "Perils of Penelope" where the villian ties Penelope to the railroad tracks.... Instead the villian chucks up the coin under the spinning drill press and laughs manically.....

cripes.... I think I've had too much coffee this morning.....

Can you imagine buying the set and putting them on a chain that you wear around your neck to all coin shows. I think you will definitely get noticed!

Can you imagine buying the set and putting them on a chain that you wear around your neck to all coin shows. I think you will definitely get noticed!

Yeah, but probably not in a GOOD way! It might be grounds for being beat to death by red books......

Yeah, but probably not in a GOOD way! It might be grounds for being beat to death by red books......

As long as someone gets it on tape, and posts to YouTube!

Yikes! That set is painful to look at......

I wonder what the reserve is; as it is not met yet. hm

I hate to say it but I think the necklace idea would look awfully COOL, yet VERY politically INCORRECT!! :cool:

I liken wearing it to coin show kinda like wearing a full length mink coat to a PETA event! It would anger the rabble. :mad:

I hate to say it but I think the necklace idea would look awfully COOL, yet VERY politically INCORRECT!! :cool:

I liken wearing it to coin show kinda like wearing a full length mink coat to a PETA event! It would anger the rabble. :mad:

lol You're hilarious.

lol You're hilarious.

Thanks, I do my best.......I'm glad that you appreciate my sense of humor. :grin:

My mistake thinking they were halves. I have to agree with you Crohnos and Dcoin, he would have to be out of his mind to hole them to make them uniform. BUT atleast he didn't try to hammer them into a coin ring!...things that make you go buhhhhh

There was a someone ATS, can't remember his handle who wore a vest and hat to shows with holed coins sewn to them. All type coins and the hat was all gold coins.

There was a someone ATS, can't remember his handle who wore a vest and hat to shows with holed coins sewn to them. All type coins and the hat was all gold coins.

Lord Marcovan

LORD MARCOVAN MASTER INDEX THREAD

Lord Marcovan

I don't know who that guy is, but I like his style!

I don't collect holed coins, and the person selling this set probably has unrealistic expectations as to what they are worth. However, if he found these coins interesting, and sought them out, and found some satisfaction in assembling his collection, then I say... good for him (or her)!

Lord Marcovan

He is on the NGC boards as well, though seldom posts. I bought some love tokens from him a couple of months ago off of NGC's BST.

GREAT guy, by the way!