• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

copy and paste for a laugh

27 posts in this topic

Yes and Yes. A simple marketing ploy. If a sucker takes the bait they win, if not they get the market exposure. Check out all the secondary marketing by the big internet/cable sites. Big time hype on value "investing" on rare Silver Eagles.

So sad

Carl

The problem with grossly overpricing a coin like this is the seller will lose all credibility and could lose some future sales. I certainly wouldn't want to buy anything from this clown.

MorganMan,

You know on a semi serious note, you just got me thinking, there are a lot of Amish around here who do special request wood working projects for people. I am curious what they would charge to actually make a case like that.

Dave

MorganMan,

You know on a semi serious note, you just got me thinking, there are a lot of Amish around here who do special request wood working projects for people. I am curious what they would charge to actually make a case like that.

Dave

I have been looking at this one, but would prefer it in a solid wood cover rather than glass. It would then match the ones I have for my 20th ann sets.

http://www.finehomedisplays.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BX-78055

MM

Your offer has been declined on the following eBay item:

2011 1oz AMERICAN SILVER EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY 5 COIN SET 7O NGC

Your offer price: US $2.00

Seller terms: People Like You Give e bay a bad named I have put you n the Block

bidder List to Ebay You are a Joke.

BIN price: US $10,000.00

Priceless.

:roflmao: Thats too good.

I remember a nasty gram I got from a seller that was selling some opened proof sets (boxes). The coins were in newer flips and were stapled (rusty staples). Well he wanted over double value for these coins.. his description was incorrect and I offered the going price.. he responded back with name calling and insults.. it was quite humorous.

Another case was with a fellow who was selling a UNC Details AT coin. This was a common date coin and he was asking for MS67 prices.. his description was all about the PQ Monster Toned Morgan...

Whats the matter with people.. people have changed alot since I hit the coin collecting streets. Everybody has the "get rich quick" mentality.. trying to bag a 300% - 500% profit. And of course my favorite... PQ.. or looks PL (so charge PL prices).. and reverse looks DPL (and charge DPL prices).. ha ha ha...

I know a dealer who sells his problem coins on feebay. You know when you cant enlarge the pics and and the rest of the stuff one can. He then tells you that his camera wont let you do that. Go figure :)