• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1949-S Jefferson Nickel PCGS MS66 by lehigh96

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Obtained a 1949-S Jefferson Nickel PCGS MS66 from a Heritage 2011 Sunday Internet Coin Auction #131152 for $56 and 59 registry points.

This auction was won using a max bid of $89.

1949 5C MS66: NGC Census: (130/21). PCGS Population (76/0) (12/11).

Auction: Sunday Internet Coin Auction #131152 Lot #27475

Seller: Heritage Rare Coin Auctions

Auction Ended On: December 27, 2011

Coin Description:

Attractive golden toning with lilac peripheries adorns this well struck premium gem with absolutely booming luster. The luster is so prominent that makes the minor imperfections on the surfaces seem to disappear to the naked eye. Great overall detail and excellent step detail despite not being full.

Comments:

The population in MS66 FS is only 19/3 for both services and drive prices in excess of $1,000. I would prefer to own an attractive full step example for this date/mm but until then, this attractive $50 coin will fill the slot nicely. Similar the 1949 that I purchased from the same Heritage Internet Auction, this is only the 2nd 1949-S MS66 to be auctioned by Heritage in the last 3 years. And while I would love to compare this to other 1949-S Jeffersons, this is the first one I have ever seen in hand. The word elusive comes to mind.

10199.jpg

See more journals by lehigh96