• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Longer For Sale

30 posts in this topic

:bump:

Well it looks as if I'll be pulling my listing. $260.00 for 50 graded errors and 6 watchers. Heck it cost me more to just grade them. Guess no one likes my errors. lol

The Jefferson Missing Edge alone brings $900.00.

I absolutely love that set but im not able to pay for just a few of them right now let alone that huge collection you put together.

This just shows you are supposed to hang on to it and in time you will enjoy it again.

Sometimes for me the hunt is the best part. Once you get them i never enjoy them as much as i did when i was trying to find them or bidding on them or when you open the box to see it for the first time. Always a let down from there......

Take care, Matt

If you are serious about selling maybe consider consigning with Heritage or another large auction house that has a history of getting high prices for errors.

You would have done better to list them separately.

Just my 2c

Appreciate the kind words Matt as you said the hunt is the best part but I'm into AE's and Morgans now and these just sit in the NGC boxes so time to move on:grin: Charlie

Heritage didn't want them go figure :( also tried a couple others and I don't have the time to list them separately other things to do. Thanks for your input. Charlie

Unfortunately without a reserve, and since there are bids on your listing you wont be able to pull it. I'm not a bidder on it, but I do hope the sell price ends high enough for you, but at the current bid I can see the pain you must be feeling.

Unfortunately without a reserve, and since there are bids on your listing you wont be able to pull it. I'm not a bidder on it, but I do hope the sell price ends high enough for you, but at the current bid I can see the pain you must be feeling.

I just ended it as there was no way I was going to et them go for nothing. I've over $7000.00 in those coins and I would have let them go for $4000.00 but there was no interest maybe because of the low feedback I had. So I'll just hold on to them for now.

P.S. you can end your listing prior to 24hrs of the listing ending but I have to pay the listing fees.

I've over $7000.00 in those coins and I would have let them go for $4000.00 but there was no interest maybe because of the low feedback I had. So I'll just hold on to them for now.

P.S. you can end your listing prior to 24hrs of the listing ending but I have to pay the listing fees.

I don't think your low feedback score (i.e. low as in total count, although all positive), is the reason your coins didn't generate a lot of interest. I have made an interesting observation over the last couple of years: as the economy continues to falter, so do the values of coins. Modern coins (1965-present) usually take the largest beating, and given that I have seen some nice classic coins (even some CAC approved) selling below Grey Sheet bid, I'm not surprised. My guess is that you will have more interest when the economy improves, but alas, I'm not sure that you will ever get the entire $7,000 back.

Another bit of advice: I am thinking that many bidders were turned off by the fact that the coins were offered as one large set. Honestly, I don't think there are many collectors who are building comprehensive error sets; thus, the number of interested bidders necessarily decreases. You can increase interest by selling them individually, and I think you will see that some people who only had a serious interest in a couple of the coins would be more inclined to buy those coins at prices that are more fair to you. I think selling them as a whole was a poor strategy. My advice to you at this point would be to list them here on the BST forum and at the PCGS forum as well with a clear indication that you are selling them individually or in groups. I would also include my asking price.

I wish you luck. I certainly understand your frustration, as I almost took a large loss on an Indian Princess gold dollar. Fortunately the buyer was a dead beat (and didn't pay), and I ended up keeping the coin and not having to pay the eBay fees. Interestingly, even before the depreciation in gold, the coin was selling for a few hundred more than I paid only a couple of years ago. Prices in certain series and grades have dropped tremendously. Good luck, and I hope that your negative experiences with this set don't adversely affect your future interest levels in numismatic coins.

I appreciate your advice coinman and no I'm not frustrated over not selling them. I have another user name on ebay marchas45 over 1700 feedbacks at 100% so I am familar with ebay and yes thre are a few collectors of errors out there and I've had numerous offers of selling just one coin to them over the past year but as a true collector I don't want to bust up my set and I know I won't recieve the full value of them and I never expected it so that's no big deal. I have a saying: "Everything I Have is God Given".

There is also no fear of me losing interest in Numismatics as I'm working on some other sets that I'm really into but thank you for the advice anyway. Charlie

I just ended it as there was no way I was going to et them go for nothing. I've over $7000.00 in those coins and I would have let them go for $4000.00 but there was no interest maybe because of the low feedback I had. So I'll just hold on to them for now.

Well I glad I found out what kind of person you are. I was bidding on your set and had every intention of trying to win it. You wont catch me buying any from you or bidding on any of your stuff!! :mad:

Yea right Schatzy you sure would love to get them for $500.00 and believe you me you have no idea what kind of person I am.If you really wanted them bad enough then you could have made me an offer anytime you wanted but Like everyone else including myself you where looking for a deal.

I said in my listing I would pull them which I did. sorry you are offended. Chrlie

Yea right Schatzy you sure would love to get them for $500.00 and believe you me you have no idea what kind of person I am.If you really wanted them bad enough then you could have made me an offer anytime you wanted but Like everyone else including myself you where looking for a deal.

I said in my listing I would pull them which I did. sorry you are offended. Chrlie

I put in 4 bids. I never said I was looking for a deal. When someone offers something on BST without a price I never offer a price.

I was going to put my max bid in for what I was willing to pay for the set in the last hour of

the auction. Right when you listed the auction I put in a $200 just to get things started and

then later bid it up $480 if I remember correctly. I think a lot of bidders where just waiting

to snipe at the end. I bet you could have got close to your $4000 level. I just don't

understand why you would list at $0.99 with no reserve if you were so concerned with mow

much the set goes for.

believe you me you have no idea what kind of person I am.

Well I can guess because I would never list something on ebay and then end the auction with bids already on the table.

I am suprised that you are not required to include a price on an item in this forum. In the comic section, there's a list of rules a mile long.

As far as ending the listing early, you will never know what the coins would have sold for. Many people don't bid until the very end. Also, it's not fair to the people bidding. I never understood why someone would need two ebay user id's either.

Hi! Donna you came in at the tail end, they where on ebay as an auction. As for having two users names there's a reason for it since Uncle Sam has taken over ebay and Paypal and it's my prerogative to have two and needs no explaining here. Charlie

Yea.. to pull an auction when you have active bids is kinda crooked.. not a good practice.

As for Presidential Dollars.. its rough to sell those, I know.

A second username allows you to drive up the price by bidding on your own auctions. Ebay bans user that follow that practice. I am a serious error collector, thanks for the heads up on your user names.

Matthew

A second username allows you to drive up the price by bidding on your own auctions. Ebay bans user that follow that practice. I am a serious error collector, thanks for the heads up on your user names.

Matthew

Actually the reason I have started a second user name is: Paypal wants a resale number or social security number if you make $20,000.00 (the most I've ever made) in one year which I did selling silver and being paid through Paypal so that uncle sam can get thier share but they don't take into account how much the silver cost me only what I made so hence my new account so I can make sure I don't go over the limit. As for being a true error collector so am I. See attached.

You know guys and gals I'm really taking a bashing here from people who don't know whats going on and I'm having to expalin and defend myself to those who don't even know me just because I pulled my listing from ebay, I'm not going loose my so you can get a great deal.

This is one honest guy that you just chased off the NGC website, there are some great people on here and some evil ones that love to dig at people and hang them. So to those people I say, " Look into yourselfs and pray to God for some help"

and yes I do it all the time myself as I need it also. GOOD BYE!!! and GOD BLESS

120006.jpg.692d5f568f971b766b86654ade62a986.jpg

120007.jpg.910ed3daec056d3cba8b12a762ff22df.jpg

120008.jpg.b56b4a116bf437fe1be18df059ee8854.jpg

120009.jpg.13b74c5b070f0ae58a7e31dc313cb72a.jpg

Charlie,

Your pics are great. Your offers are fair. Your presentations are good. And you do have alot of friends here.

It's just sometimes on here you feel like a little guy in a boat fishing and you are the bait the shark is checking out.

Ignore the sharks, don't feed them and they will go somewhere else when they smell a little blood.

Later---Rick

Matthew

A second username can be used for shill bidding, but it certainly isn't the case that every seller that has a second ID participates in this practice. Some may create a new account for a new business they are forming or for other reasons that may not involve malevolent intentions/applications.

Charlie, you are clearly free to leave if you wish, but I wouldn't let one single negative thread push me away from a (usually) pleasant forum. Whatever you do, I wish you luck.

Charlie, do not let some run you off this forum.

We know your true character, why worry what one or two people who do not know you think of you.

It is a fact of life that people judge without merit or just cause.

Stick around as you have helped me, and many other people, enjoy this hobby thru your generous and caring personality.

Opinions are like holes, we all have one and most of them stink! doh!

We love ya and to let a person like this upset you is letting the narrow minded, judgmental people take over this forum.

We need your ethics, opinions and experience here. You are the rare one not the other way around. Please do not forget that.

You know the truth, we know the truth, why worry about those who do not?

Please reconsider.

Sincerely, Matt