• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Liberty Nic NGC says 66

8 posts in this topic

As a Liberty Nickel collector, I am a little suspicious when a old Liberty Nic is "completely" devoid of spots, streaks, or other surface distractions. Frankly, they're hard to find. This 1883 WC NGC MS66 is virually spotless, sport'in luster that is visible in the dark, and a characteristic die crack running on the obverse from ten to midnight. A little weakness at the 7 and 8 O'clock Stars is offset by the well define wreath on the reverse, not the perfect "corn on the cob", but still a tasty ear.

The cheek is perfect, but there's a tiny bit of chatter in the curls. I give her a solid 66!

This coin image is my own disaster. I hope Bob C. can help me before the coin loses crediblity! lol

Happy New Year!

119641.jpg.1478736beedbd9b17f91e363672a9f7b.jpg

119642.jpg.35f20ba5d403968f455f3cc7db2808ef.jpg

great eye appeal, flash and blast

as it left the dies

a nice ms66 nothing more nothing less

i like it lots :cloud9:

but based on your remarks and photo it has possibly hm been conserved hm

now sight seen could be different and i cant opine anything 100% unless i see it in hand sight seen

Can you imagine holding a handful of these brand spankin' new in your hand in 1883...?

:cloud9:

I love seeing original nicks almost more than copper, silver, or gold...

There's just something about 25/75 that just captures luster, especially on all nickels prior to the ultra low relief moderns. It's especially pretty on Libertys and Buffalos...