• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM GSA Soft Pack 1886 Morgan

12 posts in this topic

I'm not picking up on the luster so I'll say AU. If it is MS then it is definately worth submitting (MS64=$194 for non-GSA ). I HAVE seen MS coins before in these "circulated" packs.

I'm not picking up on the luster so I'll say AU. If it is MS then it is definately worth submitting (MS64=$194 for non-GSA ). I HAVE seen MS coins before in these "circulated" packs.

I would expect to get 2 nice MS64 slabbed 1886 morgans for $194 myself, it's a common high grade morgan.

Your looks to be weakly struck but pretty clean fields. The pictures do nothing for the luster but I would guess a comfortable MS64 if it is clean as the pictures reflect. If it has nice luster I would say MS65.

Not sure what the premium for the GSA softpack would add but i would expect it to go around $150.

I have seen non-CC GSA Morgan Dollars sell for strong premiums because of the GSA holder alone. Do not remove the coin from its packaging. To be honest, I'm not sure that there are enough of these on the market to provide a reliable estimate of price, but I would estimate more than $150.

Are there any board member dealers that woul sub this for me. I know for comics there are some dealers that can save you 20% off the CGC bill. Does NGC work this way. incidentally I did see that they do slab these and leave them in the soft pack.

Chris

Great replies guys, all so informative

There was a 10% discount at one time for submitting through eBay (but I haven't looked at this is a LONG time). If you are a member of the ANA you can submit directly. This is especially useful if you are going to a show where NGC is offering their silver dollar same day grading for $25 per coin (5 coin minimum).