• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1955-S/S/S Lincoln Cent

10 posts in this topic

I spoke with the previous owner concerning the toning. He states that the coin was in a collection of about 400 RPM cents and many had similar toning.... I wonder if I should send it in to NGC for the stamp of approval? hm

I"ll be honest with you; I'm not sure that the coin is worth enough to warrant the certification fees. My understanding is that most of these RPMs only carry a moderate premium. I recommend that you consult an error guide to see if the 1955 S/S/S is a major/valuable variety. My guess is that the coin is probably worth less than $20. If this is the case, I wouldn't recommend slabbing, but I would sell it raw (if you are so inclined to do so).

I"ll be honest with you; I'm not sure that the coin is worth enough to warrant the certification fees. My understanding is that most of these RPMs only carry a moderate premium. I recommend that you consult an error guide to see if the 1955 S/S/S is a major/valuable variety. My guess is that the coin is probably worth less than $20. If this is the case, I wouldn't recommend slabbing, but I would sell it raw (if you are so inclined to do so).

Thank you! You confirmed my own thoughts about the expenses of grading and shipping etc...

I do like the coin and will probably hold on to it for a while, till it is time to pass it along to its next 'care taker' that is... (thumbs u