• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3rd unique coin on the 25th ASE set?

7 posts in this topic

My set finally came from NGC yesterday.

I was looking at the bullion coin from the set and I noticed that it is a lot "flatter" than the regular 2011 bullion coins that I have.

The one from the set is shinier.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I'll take some photos later on tonight.

If there is so much controversy over this, and so many collectors insisting it is different from the 'bullion' version, and then the Mint makes the statement 'it's just bullion', could there be some validity that it IS different from thew bullion version, and struck from burnished planchets? We know all the coins were minted at specific times, that was made clear in CW, from the Mint's own 'mouth'.

It seems weird to me the Mint would come out and make a statement like they have. Nothing looks more suspicious than a denial before an inquisition. It's like making a statement of innocence BEFORE you are accused of something. And how can we trust the Mint, anyway? The 'powers that be' ATS were told by the Mint that all orders would be shipped before Thanksgiving, yet there are still those that have orders that are in process, no cancellation notices, shipping dates keep getting pushed back......something about this coin's 'not being special' comment from the mint smells fishy. JMO.

The one from the set is shinier.

btw, I meant the regular bullion is shinier.

IMG_4499.JPG

IMG_4502.JPG

Sorry, my crappy camera is not up to the task. It doesnt show the big difference I see but I am convince the finish on the set is flatter than all my regular 2011 bullions.

Either this is a new variety or I just need new eye glasses.

So if the tree falls in the woods and no one hears it did it really fall?

My point!? If the TPGs refuse to acknowledge a new variety will it be acknowledged as true? This reminds me of why I stopped collecting baseball cards 20 years ago...