• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone check an order for me?

37 posts in this topic

I know this is kinda OT but I keep posting in the right forums and recomended to go elsewhere due to the inactivities of said forums.

Anyway I submitted some cons for grade, but my membership expired yesterday and you cant track orders once your membership expires. If someone could PM the status and/or the grades if posted for me I would appreciate it. Thanks

Submission # 2770732

It told me that invoice number is owned by someone else and I can't check it.

garfunkle! Thanks for checking kind sir. I find it silly that I cannot check an order after membership expiration, that was fully paid for but ah well.

It told me that invoice number is owned by someone else and I can't check it.

garfunkle! Thanks for checking kind sir. I find it silly that I cannot check an order after membership expiration, that was fully paid for but ah well.

Call them.

I find it silly that I cannot check an order after membership expiration, that was fully paid for but ah well.

The ability to check status is a membership perk. You let yours lapse and you lost that perk. The direct submission perk does not include the right to check status. (hence the reason non-NGC members who have direct submission through their ANA membership can't check status on-line.

I find it silly that I cannot check an order after membership expiration, that was fully paid for but ah well.

The ability to check status is a membership perk. You let yours lapse and you lost that perk. The direct submission perk does not include the right to check status. (hence the reason non-NGC members who have direct submission through their ANA membership can't check status on-line.

Yes I am aware that that is the layout of the perk. But consider that an order submitted on day 1 can be tracked thru out until delivery and an order on day 364 cannot be tracked at all, the orders cost the same amount, are philosphically identical and yet one is penalized because of the time it was submitted and no other reason. That's like someone buying something at BestBuy at noon getting more than the guy buying at 1030 am. Its not that big of a deal, Ill survive the ordeal, but obviously the "status check perk" goes hand in hand with a submission. No one signs up for status checks and doesnt submit. I couldnt renew right away but plan to do so but in the meantime their cost to allow someone to follow an order out till completion doesnt seem like that big of a sacrifice. Calling them as Mark suggested seems more taxing on their resources.

Calling them as Mark suggested seems more taxing on their resources.

If you can write a full paragraph complaining, then you can call them. Everyone I have ever talked to at NGC is more than happy to receive your call and answer your questions. Another option is to just pay the $39 fee to re-up your membership now, and then when you have the money you can upgrade part way through the year to the next level at a discounted rate.

-Brandon

But consider that an order submitted on day 1 can be tracked thru out until delivery and an order on day 364 cannot be tracked at all, the orders cost the same amount, are philosphically identical and yet one is penalized because of the time it was submitted and no other reason.

The order is not being penalized at all. It is being processed with no delays. Processing is not stopped or "pushed to the slow lane or back of the line" because you membership lapsed. You just can't exercise the membership perk of being able to track it until you renew your membership.

I don't see how NGC could keep track of what you are asking for.

It would be very costly to do so. Wish you luck on your order.

You dont see how NGC can provide simple order information thru the website without great cost? Really? WOW!

What great cost exists in your opinion with a 2 line sql query on the website AFTER my expiration, that doesnt exist BEFORE?

If you can write a full paragraph complaining, then you can call them. Everyone I have ever talked to at NGC is more than happy to receive your call and answer your questions. Another option is to just pay the $39 fee to re-up your membership now, and then when you have the money you can upgrade part way through the year to the next level at a discounted rate.

-Brandon

Yeah Of course I can call them. But logically for THEM it makes more sense that they provide those extra 7-10 days of tracking on active orders thru the website rather than field calls and tie up an actual live person with such a meaningless time consuming call.

I am not asking for much. I just want to track my paid for order. In fact if you follow the purchase timeline you will see that the customer isnt getting anything extra or for free by doing this. Let's say I subscribe for the first time on January 1st and I immediately submit 10 coins for grading. Lets say it takes 10 days for registered mail to arrive at NGC. For 10 days there is nothing to track and therefore no service is being provided by this "perk". Now if an order is placed on the 364th day of membership as I did for intents and purposes, the order cannot be tracked past the 365th day. So a 365 day membership at NGC, only has 355 days worth of the tracking "perk" since the need to track is obviously attached to a submission. Is it really that big of a deal to allow tracking for those extra 10 days until delivery back to the customer? Is it really a "great cost" to do this as someone put it? Doesnt seem to be a great cost ATS

-Brandon

Yeah Of course I can call them. But logically for THEM it makes more sense that they provide those extra 7-10 days of tracking on active orders thru the website rather than field calls and tie up an actual live person with such a meaningless time consuming call.

I am not asking for much. I just want to track my paid for order. In fact if you follow the purchase timeline you will see that the customer isnt getting anything extra or for free by doing this. Let's say I subscribe for the first time on January 1st and I immediately submit 10 coins for grading. Lets say it takes 10 days for registered mail to arrive at NGC. For 10 days there is nothing to track and therefore no service is being provided by this "perk". Now if an order is placed on the 364th day of membership as I did for intents and purposes, the order cannot be tracked past the 365th day. So a 365 day membership at NGC, only has 355 days worth of the tracking "perk" since the need to track is obviously attached to a submission. Is it really that big of a deal to allow tracking for those extra 10 days until delivery back to the customer? Is it really a "great cost" to do this as someone put it? Doesnt seem to be a great cost ATS

Is it really a "great cost" for you to pick up a phone and dial NGC? I don't understand what you're complaining about. Sorry. If you want the access then either don't submit your coins on day 364 or re-up your membership. Those are two solutions. The third most obvious solution being that you just call NGC.

-Brandon

Is it really a "great cost" for you to pick up a phone and dial NGC? I don't understand what you're complaining about. Sorry. If you want the access then either don't submit your coins on day 364 or re-up your membership. Those are two solutions. The third most obvious solution being that you just call NGC.

It isnt, of course. However maybe you are not plagued by the curiosity gene as I am, but I dont feel right calling every day and asking if my grades are in. Whereas on the website I wouldnt be bothering anyone by checking daily, or even several times a day to see if my grades were assigned.

You seem to be missing the point. Order tracking is not part of the privileges of a paid for order. (ANA members pay for their orders too but they are not able to track them.) It is a perk of being a paid NGC member. You lost that perk when your membership lapsed. You want to keep that perk and track your order, pay your membership fee. Otherwise just wait and they will get to you eventually. (They wouldn't get to you any faster if you could check on the status so what does it matter.)

I can't believe I am actually commenting on this but maybe if it is put this way it will make some sense.

If you were going on a 7 day car trip down the east Coast and your drivers license expired on day three would you also be upset if you were not allowed to finish your trip???

Membership privileges start with day one and end on the expiration date,,..on line access to grades is a membership perk....it expired

Really a simple concept....but that's just me I guess

I can't believe I am actually commenting on this but maybe if it is put this way it will make some sense.

If you were going on a 7 day car trip down the east Coast and your drivers license expired on day three would you also be upset if you were not allowed to finish your trip???

Membership privileges start with day one and end on the expiration date,,..on line access to grades is a membership perk....it expired

Really a simple concept....but that's just me I guess

I understand this. I understand it is a perk for membership. And I understand that despite of this NGC customer service will field a call and answer questions. The point is that the act of fielding a call is not as cost effective FOR NGC as simply allowing submitted orders be tracked via the website. THAT IS THE POINT OF USING COMPUTER SYSTEMS IS IT NOT? And certainly any paying member who has submitted something is curious about the order, as evidence by the fact that even those who have bashed my thoughts to confirm that they have called in similar circumstances.

You dont see how NGC can provide simple order information thru the website without great cost? Really? WOW!

What great cost exists in your opinion with a 2 line sql query on the website AFTER my expiration, that doesnt exist BEFORE?

I thought you wanted it free just long enough for your order to clear.

I see now you feel it should be free all the time.

Good luck with that.

I understand this. I understand it is a perk for membership. And I understand that despite of this NGC customer service will field a call and answer questions. The point is that the act of fielding a call is not as cost effective FOR NGC as simply allowing submitted orders be tracked via the website. THAT IS THE POINT OF USING COMPUTER SYSTEMS IS IT NOT? And certainly any paying member who has submitted something is curious about the order, as evidence by the fact that even those who have bashed my thoughts to confirm that they have called in similar circumstances.

If you don't like NGC, then don't send your coins to them. I PROMISE you the customer service at PCGS is nowhere near as good as it is at NGC. I don't understand your point for this continued rant. Even if it is a 2 line SQL query, that's not the point. The point is, if you want to be able to track your order, then you must be a CURRENT member of NGC. If your membership has lapsed, then you are in the same boat as people who submit with only ANA memberships.

Outside of just complaining for the sake of complaining, I don't get what your problem is. Put on your big-boy pants and make a phone call. ;)

I thought you wanted it free just long enough for your order to clear.

I see now you feel it should be free all the time.

Good luck with that.

Well it is implied that only people waiting on orders will be curious about their order status, so the free all the time is pointless and not what im saying really. Only people waiting on an order are going to be calling.

If you don't like NGC, then don't send your coins to them. I PROMISE you the customer service at PCGS is nowhere near as good as it is at NGC. I don't understand your point for this continued rant. Even if it is a 2 line SQL query, that's not the point. The point is, if you want to be able to track your order, then you must be a CURRENT member of NGC. If your membership has lapsed, then you are in the same boat as people who submit with only ANA memberships.

Outside of just complaining for the sake of complaining, I don't get what your problem is. Put on your big-boy pants and make a phone call. ;)

I wasnt comparing the 2 companies based on customer service or any other factor of quality whatsoever. Was merely making the comparison to correct the ridiculous idea that this would require some great cost.

I wasnt comparing the 2 companies based on customer service or any other factor of quality whatsoever. Was merely making the comparison to correct the ridiculous idea that this would require some great cost.

There are many online services that would not have to add any additional cost to the infrastructure for them to just let you access the service for free (e.g., Netflix would not incur any costs to allow you to add a streaming membership only). HOWEVER, the point is that in order for companies to pay for the up front programming and upkeep of these services, they must have paying members. Ragging on NGC with an entitlement-complex type mentality is not the solution. A better solution if you wanted to be able to track your coins would be to have not submitted them on day 364 of your membership.

In the meantime, as Conder pointed out, you "watching" the status will not get them to you any faster. Besides, opening the package when it returns to you without knowing the grades will be more exciting! :)

Or you could pay for the imaging, then you would recieve that before your grades are even posted. That's what I did for the 20th Anniv. Gold Set. But, I do renew my membership BEFORE it expires, just incase I mail something in and want to check on the order status...........

[There are many online services that would not have to add any additional cost to the infrastructure for them to just let you access the service for free (e.g., Netflix would not incur any costs to allow you to add a streaming membership only).

Ok Let's say i only had 1 more day on my netflix sub and I started a 2 hour movie with 1 hour left on that day. If lieu of free streaming for an extra hour so I could finish the movie, the alternative was that I could call up someone at Netflix and someone on the phone would read the movie's 2nd hour transcript to me over the phone, would that make more sense for them and be more cost effective too?

I dont believe I ragged on NGC. I will have to look over my post but I dont think I said anything bad about the company.

[There are many online services that would not have to add any additional cost to the infrastructure for them to just let you access the service for free (e.g., Netflix would not incur any costs to allow you to add a streaming membership only).

Ok Let's say i only had 1 more day on my netflix sub and I started a 2 hour movie with 1 hour left on that day. If lieu of free streaming for an extra hour so I could finish the movie, the alternative was that I could call up someone at Netflix and someone on the phone would read the movie's 2nd hour transcript to me over the phone, would that make more sense for them and be more cost effective too?

I dont believe I ragged on NGC. I will have to look over my post but I dont think I said anything bad about the company.

You have two options:

1. Pay the $39 to renew your membership and check your order status.

or

2. Sit back and relax until your order arrives on your doorstep.

All of the rest of your "hypothetical" examples are worthless. Move on with your life.

You have two options:

1. Pay the $39 to renew your membership and check your order status.

or

2. Sit back and relax until your order arrives on your doorstep.

All of the rest of your "hypothetical" examples are worthless. Move on with your life.

Dude, that was YOUR hypothetical example...lol. I was just pointing out how ridiculous the responses are again. Jesus. PCGS forums are all elitest and you guys are all up tight. I'm sticking to cointalk. Only place with normal, logical people.

Dude, that was YOUR hypothetical example...lol. I was just pointing out how ridiculous the responses are again. Jesus. PCGS forums are all elitest and you guys are all up tight. I'm sticking to cointalk. Only place with normal, logical people.

The Netflix example was one to demonstrate that YOU CANT GET THINGS FOR FREE JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE EASY FOR SOMEONE TO PROVIDE. It was NOT given as a literal example of your subscription running out. If you can't read, then I'm sorry for you. As for NGC boards being uptight, give me a break. If you whine about something that is your own fault what are we supposed to do? Geesh....I'm done with this thread.