• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a fingerprint, and if yes should I NCS it?

8 posts in this topic

Very cool looking coin !

You might try posting this in the Numismatic General forum. I can't help you with the conservation question but there are some members here that could give you some advice. I'm curious also about what they might say.

They might not have seen your post here. Good luck.

This is the coin conservation forum right? I guess what youre saying is this is a dead section of the forums? Not that i posted in the wrong place per say.

This is the coin conservation forum right? I guess what youre saying is this is a dead section of the forums? Not that i posted in the wrong place per say.

Yes. This is the correct forum but it just doesn't seem to get much traffic.

yes a fingerprint

done some time ago

i would leave the coin alone as is as it does have a decent protective skin/patina to it

if the fingerpirnt is distracting sell it and buy something else with no fingerprints

fingerprint also in URG on obverse

slight partical print but a fingerprint nonethe less and done by whomever originally dipped this coin

and again from the looks of it in my extermrly limited experiences in coins done some time ago

as the fingerprint has "set"