• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would be the total cost for having 25th anniversary sets graded?

11 posts in this topic

What is the total cost of having 5 sets graded? Modern Special Tier is $17. (so $17 x 25 = $425). But what does it cost to have these coins shipped/insured to NGC? What does it cost to have NGC send the coins back? What is the difference in having them returned with or without original boxes? Is it worth having original boxes returned? And are there any other costs that I have missed?

Thanks for all input?

Yes, it is worth having the display boxes returned. The 5 slabs will fit in the display box.

I shipped 4 sets 12 lbs to ngc from Arizona , $2400.00 insurance for $55.00

They were signed delivered at NGC yesterday at 1:00pm :)

OP

You already have NGC grading cost $425.00 but you forget to add the $8.00 handling fee per submission form.You have to add $1.00 per set to get back the OGP if you want the cases back,so that is $5.00. The return postage from NGC, by there chart, for 25 coins is $36.45 for insurance up to $5,000.00 in value or $50.05 for $5,001.00 to $15,000.00 in value or more if you choose. It cost me $44.18 to ship and insure with signature from New York using UPS 3 day ground service,which NGC received in 2 day's.

So,for my 5 sets(with OGP returned) from NY:

Total NGC costs:$474.45

UPS shipping :$ 44.18

Total :$518.63

Now add that with the cost of the 5 sets,in my case from the Mint, $1499.75 + $518.63= $2,018.38 then divide by 5 = $403.68 per set with all costs figured in. Depending where you live and the way you choose to ship will determine your costs. For about $100.00 per set I thought it was well worth it to get them graded and get the "25th Anniversary Set" pedigree.

Hope this helps with your decision.

You already have NGC grading cost $425.00 but you forget to add the $8.00 handling fee per submission form.You have to add $1.00 per set to get back the OGP if you want the cases back,so that is $5.00. The return postage from NGC, by there chart, for 25 coins is $36.45 for insurance up to $5,000.00 in value or $50.05 for $5,001.00 to $15,000.00 in value or more if you choose. It cost me $44.18 to ship and insure with signature from New York using UPS 3 day ground service,which NGC received in 2 day's.

So,for my 5 sets(with OGP returned) from NY:

Total NGC costs:$474.45

UPS shipping :$ 44.18

Total :$518.63

Now add that with the cost of the 5 sets,in my case from the Mint, $1499.75 + $518.63= $2,018.38 then divide by 5 = $403.68 per set with all costs figured in. Depending where you live and the way you choose to ship will determine your costs. For about $100.00 per set I thought it was well worth it to get them graded and get the "25th Anniversary Set" pedigree.

Hope this helps with your decision.

Great breakdown and as one who cannot have mine graded I think the cost per unit makes it worth the grading.

I'm glad you posted this thread...my sets are scheduled to arrive ( from the mint) this week since I'm in the first batch of backorders getting the sets.

Anyhow, I was wondering if everyone was paying to have the packaging sent back also. I'm maling mine in unopened so I want to AT LEAST SEE what the original mint packaging looked like-even if I'll never get to see the coins displayed in the OGP.

I only ordered 2 sets but I'm hoping to get at least 1 complete 5-coin set of 70's and then I'll sell the other set-regardless of the grade-as a true auction either on ebay or I'll take offers on this forum for those who didn't get one......

Jackson, there is cool post on here where someone has placed 5 slabbed morgans in their 25th anniversary box and it is pretty nice how well a slabbed set will sit in the OGP, I would highly recommend paying the extra $1 to have it shipped back.

On another note I saw an OGP empty sell on fleabay for $51 this last weekend.

good luck on your grading, UPS stole my chance to get my 3 sets graded, I am now debating on buying a couple sealed sets to send in.