• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Don't/Can't/Won't Listen to Instructions?! posted by Smitty's Pocket Change

10 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I got THE PHONE CALL, with information I did not want to hear about the 25th Anniversary Sets.

With heightened anticipation of the 25th anniversary coins from the Mint to be delivered this week, I researched the instructions for submitting the coins to NGC. I printed out the instructions for Submitting the sets to NGC. I verbaly told him "DO NOT OPEN THE BOX FROM THE US MINT, BECAUE WE HAVE TO END IT SEALED LIKE THE 2006 SETS." I had an appointment at 11 am, I get this phone call from my husband and he say's, "The sets are beautiful!" I almost wrecked and I was parked in a parking lot when I got the call.

Please read the NGC instructions before you OPEN the Darn BOX!!!

See more journals by Smitty's Pocket Change

I know how you must feel but the way you wrote it made me crack-up !!!!! Best laugh all day lol (sorry) I can only imagine if I was in your shoes and that happened to me what my reaction would be.

Hey sell them and buy an unopened box.

moondoggy

I gave my wife strict instructions which in the end didn't matter. I took the day off to rake leaves today and was here in person to sign when the UPS truck arrived. Now that very large box packaged in a larger box is off to NGC tomorrow morning with my 5 free renewal coupon! :banana:

Gary

Bummer on that open box :(

OUCH!! Sorry to hear that.

My tracking number showed delivery estimated at 10am. I made sure everybody in the house knew NOT to open any box that was delivered. Happy to say it showed up at 930...right after breakfast. And was right back in the mail at noon heading to NGC.

It was one big and heavy box and expensive to ship!! :o

Why is it we tell people over and over again don't open the box, but it happens. I must be a coin collector because I just had 10 sets in my hand and sent them directly to NGC for grading. I haven't even seen one yet.

I can't wait, but I have to admit this is what I did for the 20th anniversary too. When is it too late to keep buying them? I bought sets on Ebay the day the sold out for 2200.00 now their 3500.00 People keep opening their sets and are bringing the population down on the proof and two of the MS.

I made the Same mistake in 2006. We have, and will see more of that HERE! With so many members giving the same advise to not open the Box, and that "Box of Rocks" on their shoulders tells them "Go on-Open the box, those people don't know what they're talkin' about" and still send in 1 or 2 sets, and later arguing with NGC.