• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know of a website..

11 posts in this topic

Have you asked your bank? Whether you want just a few rolls or a whole box ($50), this would surely be better than paying shipping and/or insurance fees from an online site.

Chris

Oops :flamed:

I meant older rolls of cents - like when banks wrapped their cents instead of the fed.

As far back as I can remember, which is the mid-50's, banks had machines which sorted coins by denomination and fed them into the appropriate bag. There were coin counters for each denomination so they would know when a $50, $250, $500 or $1000 bag was filled.

Chris

There is always someone selling these at coin shows.

And it is best to approach the dealers near the end of the show. I went to the Baltimore Whitman Coin Expo four or five years ago, and bought a bunch of rolls at face because the dealer didn't want to lug them back home (although, in fairness, I did by some more expensive material from him as well - this may have influenced his decision). Try it.

I've bought from L&C Coins in the past and it's always been a great transaction. You can even get on their mailing list and get their catalog every few months.

hm Are the rolls original bank wrapped? hm