• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1838 CBH newp

6 posts in this topic

Picked this up today at the local coin show for my 7070. Let me know what you think, I can't tell if those are hairlines or not so let me know what you think.

2011-11-05143912.jpg

2011-11-05143931.jpg

My first CBH by the way!

Yes, unfortunately it has been harshly cleaned on both sides. Looks like it was a while ago though, because it has regained some color (but still looks artificially pale).

Details look consistent with a low VF grade, but with the cleaning obviously that's going to knock it down some. I'd estimate a bit less than $100 for it.

Paid $65 on the way out the door at the last table. Didn't find anything else to that point and then found myself socializing with the last dealer while waiting for my wife.

He lives in the area I will be moving in December so it was finding out what I could about the area and bought this on impulse. Unfortunately it was dark and very crowded in the show and I didn't take my time looking at the coin. It looks great in hand though so it will most likely occupy the spot in my 7070 for quite a while.

Thanks for the input. I need to remember to carry my loupe when I go to these shows...

The $65 price you paid is Gray Sheet Fine bid. You paid a fair price for that coin.

I agree. The coin doesn't look too bad, and I would net the coin F-12 (Vf-20 details). The type of coin that I would put in the ol Dansco...