• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Better Late Then Never posted by BeawChan

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

But still very late!

Well I bought some milk and mint chip ice cream today and received 3 very shiny quarters in change. As is my habit, I flipped them over and saw 3 beautiful Gettysburg quarters. These are the first I've seen in circulation, in fact these are the first 2011 quarters I have seen outside of mint sets. Seems like change barely ciculates any more. I put it in my Whitman album. It joins 3 quarters from 2010. I guess I will need to get some quarter rolls from the bank and find the missing ones.

Later,

Malcolm

See more journals by BeawChan

Malcolm,

I'd say you are pretty acurate on the change not circulating. More than 50% of people now Debt or Credit so change and bills are becoming obsolete. I finished a house 3 months ago for a wealthy couple from Florida and we talked a few minutes about coins. They had not seen a President Dollar and had no clue as to what it was. In the near future we probably won't need change and dollars, just a plastic card that adds and subtracts our value.

Sounds a little harsh to a numismatical mind but you can see it happening. Go to the bank and get those rolls while you still can.The Sesqui is SWEET!!

Later-----Rick

Rick,

Funny you should mention the Presidential Dollars. When my family and I were on vacation recently, the beach locker "tokens' I used a one dollar bill to buy were actually Presidential dollars. those were the first I have ever received over a counter. We gotta get rid of that Bill or those coins will never have even the slightest chance of circulating.

Cheers,

Malcolm