• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FSH 2011 American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set (A25)

21 posts in this topic

FOR SALE

2011 American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set (A25)

One set for $699.99 + Shipping

“SOLD OUT” from the U.S. Mint in 4 1/2 Hours.

THESE SETS ARE "IN HAND" AND READY FOR SHIPPING!!!

You can e-mail me at JUSTLOOKING567@AOL.COM for more information.

Thank you

John

I just added you the list of individuals that I will never do business with

thanks for showing your true colors and your total lack of respect

for people and collectors, who coincidentally drive the market

SO REST ASSURED YOU ARE OF BUSINESS WITH IN 5 YEARS

WITH POLICIES LIKE THIS

He basically screamed out to a pissed off collecting community that he has (at-least) 10 sets to sell (read: unload) when most of us are scrounging around to MAYBE get one. The mint limit was 5 and this guy just told us all that he's getting more than his share. That's what he did to people off.

He basically screamed out to a pissed off collecting community that he has (at-least) 10 sets to sell (read: unload) when most of us are scrounging around to MAYBE get one. The mint limit was 5 and this guy just told us all that he's getting more than his share. That's what he did to people off.

The U.S. Mint also deserves some blame in this deal. They should have offered only one set at the same address . I posted here before the day of the offering that I had received Emails from Dealers that they would pay very high prices for them. Have you written a letter of complaint to the U,S Mint that you will also not do Business with them in the Future also?

I already have the 2011 A.S.E. in both Proof and Uncirculated with the "W" Mint mark . I also have a 2011 with the PCGS label that it was minted in San Francisco. Is there going to be a big difference with that one and the one in the set with an actual Mint mark?.

It would have been nice to have a whole set but the only one I really don't have is the Reverse Proof. I am not going to pay $600.00 for 5 coins when I already have 4 of them. I bought the 2006 Anniversary set from the U.S. Mint for $100.00 I have that reverse proof in PF70. The prices have really come down for it. A few years ago the reverse proof in PF69 was almost $300 and I saw one the other day for $115,00

The best thing you can do is write a letter of complaint to the U.S. Mint and get all your relatives and friends to do the same just like these people did to get 5 and 10 sets. Maybe the U.S.Mint will adjust the orders as is their right to see that everybody gets at least one set and make the profiteers refund the money. Why would you want to do business with the U.S. Mint that allows only the dealers to purchase the A.S.E bullion coins and also allows the Dealers to manipulate this 5 set Anniversary but allows you to only purchase annual sets with a mintage in the tens of millions?

I purchased an 1898S Morgan Dollar PCGS 64 last week from a dealer for $575.00. NGC lists the retail price at $680 and PCGS at $725. This is less than the $600 price these people are charging for these sets. I can pretty much Guaranty you that two years from now that this coin is not selling for less than $600. Can you do it for this anniversary set?. So the next best thing that people can do is to refuse to pay $600 for these sets. You can buy a 2011 A.S.E with the 25th Anniversary label right now on EBay with the "W" Mint mark in both proof and Uncirc, It might not be the same exact label but it is a 25th anniversary with a "W" Mint mark. Who knows?.

Are you talking about me...I only have 5 sets...I think you are mistaking me with someone else!

I don't think that this is the case. There is no mistake. Anybody that bought 5 sets only to make a profit and deprive a true collector of getting a set is pretty sad. It is obvious that you could care less about it. Lets us say that you get all 5 sets and can get somebody to pay $3000.00 for them.Your cost is $1500.Is the sum of $1500 really that important to you?.

The big difference is that the collector wants the set for the long term. I am curios why you even bother to post on a website known as the "Collectors Society " when you don't care about the collector and instantly want to double you money before you even pay a dime to the U.S. Mint.

It is too bad that N.G.C. doesn't bar you and similar people from the Website.

"Is there going to be a big difference with that one and the one in the set with an actual Mint mark?" Yes, the mint mark will be the difference. Isn't that the only difference between any of them? excluding the reverse proof , of course.

I can only speak for myself, but I tried very hard to get thru to order a set and I started calling and using the website and I never got thru. I collect ASE's and to me it is a part of the set so if I don’t get one, my set will never be complete.

I understand making only a few sets to get the public outraged, excited, interested, talking about the mints decisions, and all the other the Mint wants but i must agree that all people should all have a chance to get a set fairly. People getting 5 or 50 sets and only profiting for the sake of making money suck IMO!

But we the collectors drive the prices up by paying so much. We all have the right to buy them for stupid crazy money or not get any. No one is forced to do anything they don’t want to.

But let’s face it, most collectors are willing to get what they desire at whatever price they can. Otherwise there wouldn’t be so much money in buying and selling coins.

I will write a letter stating my opinion to the mint but i know it will do nothing to change the mints mind.

They did tis on purpose and next time there are rare coins, we the buyers will do the same things we are known to do.

I hope to get a set but I may be dreaming.

I guess i can always switch to collecting pennies or dimes for circulated coins in my change. Much easier to obtain.

Good luck to all of you looking for a set.

Matt

I can only speak for myself, but I tried very hard to get thru to order a set and I started calling and using the website and I never got thru. I collect ASE's and to me it is a part of the set so if I don’t get one, my set will never be complete.

I understand making only a few sets to get the public outraged, excited, interested, talking about the mints decisions, and all the other the Mint wants but i must agree that all people should all have a chance to get a set fairly. People getting 5 or 50 sets and only profiting for the sake of making money suck IMO!

But we the collectors drive the prices up by paying so much. We all have the right to buy them for stupid crazy money or not get any. No one is forced to do anything they don’t want to.

But let’s face it, most collectors are willing to get what they desire at whatever price they can. Otherwise there wouldn’t be so much money in buying and selling coins.

I will write a letter stating my opinion to the mint but i know it will do nothing to change the mints mind.

They did tis on purpose and next time there are rare coins, we the buyers will do the same things we are known to do.

I hope to get a set but I may be dreaming.

I guess i can always switch to collecting pennies or dimes for circulated coins in my change. Much easier to obtain.

Good luck to all of you looking for a set.

Matt

Well, writing those letters won't change what has already happened, but it may change their policy going forward. (thumbs u

It's my opinion that the OP did nothing wrong. He's bought 5 sets (maybe more, through a loophole), and paid the asking price and wants to make a profit.

Is he ripping off the collector, no. You are not forced to buy one, you just want one really badly. They are hot right now, and will most likely cool down in the future. You can chance it and try to buy a cheaper one at a later date, or you pay the price.

This guy is just trying to make a buck, no need to get nasty on him.

Andy 2c

I received an Apology letter from the mint for their poor handling of this situation

Dear United States Mint Customer:

We are fully aware of the difficulties many customers encountered last week with the release of the American Eagle 25th Anniversary Set. We would like you to know that we have undertaken an aggressive review of how we brought the product to market so we can better serve all of our customers in the future. Peterson, the Deputy Director of the United States Mint, has also directed that the bureau review all future product offerings to ensure that we apply to them the lessons we learned from the marketing of the American Eagle 25th Anniversary Set.

One of the principal sources of frustration was our web and phone order-taking system. As many of you know, we are in the process of updating our order management system. Our current system is very outdated and we recognize that it does not serve our customers well. Accordingly, we recently selected a contractor that will develop and implement our new system—one that will be modern and comparable to other top-rated retail Web sites. Unfortunately, this transition will take some time; we are anticipating that the new system will be in place by fall 2012.

Our aim is to work earnestly to ensure that the inconvenience and frustration that our regular customers may have encountered last week is mitigated in 2012 as we re-examine our product launch strategies and systems. We value our relationship with you and are committed to serving you professionally and responsively. You deserve no less!

The United States Mint

Consider this post officially hacked

You can't stop a guy from having friends and family order sets for him, they have the right to order. I don't understand how someone can make money off their "friends and family". Instead of having my friends and family order sets for me I've always told them what to do so they could get in for themselves.

Are you talking about me...I only have 5 sets...I think you are mistaking me with someone else!

I don't think that this is the case. There is no mistake. Anybody that bought 5 sets only to make a profit and deprive a true collector of getting a set is pretty sad. It is obvious that you could care less about it. Lets us say that you get all 5 sets and can get somebody to pay $3000.00 for them.Your cost is $1500.Is the sum of $1500 really that important to you?.

The big difference is that the collector wants the set for the long term. I am curios why you even bother to post on a website known as the "Collectors Society " when you don't care about the collector and instantly want to double you money before you even pay a dime to the U.S. Mint.

It is too bad that N.G.C. doesn't bar you and similar people from the Website.

It sounds to me like you should be complaining to the Mint for allowing anyone with access to a computer, and an extra $1500 (that is, not just JL690), to place an order for 5 sets.

I received an Apology letter from the mint for their poor handling of this situation

Dear United States Mint Customer:

We are fully aware of the difficulties many customers encountered last week with the release of the American Eagle 25th Anniversary Set. We would like you to know that we have undertaken an aggressive review of how we brought the product to market so we can better serve all of our customers in the future. Peterson, the Deputy Director of the United States Mint, has also directed that the bureau review all future product offerings to ensure that we apply to them the lessons we learned from the marketing of the American Eagle 25th Anniversary Set.

One of the principal sources of frustration was our web and phone order-taking system. As many of you know, we are in the process of updating our order management system. Our current system is very outdated and we recognize that it does not serve our customers well. Accordingly, we recently selected a contractor that will develop and implement our new system—one that will be modern and comparable to other top-rated retail Web sites. Unfortunately, this transition will take some time; we are anticipating that the new system will be in place by fall 2012.

Our aim is to work earnestly to ensure that the inconvenience and frustration that our regular customers may have encountered last week is mitigated in 2012 as we re-examine our product launch strategies and systems. We value our relationship with you and are committed to serving you professionally and responsively. You deserve no less!

The United States Mint

Consider this post officially hacked

Nonsense. The U.S.Mint could care less. If they cared then the sets would have been adjusted to make sure that everybody received a set. If they knew that their "system was outdated and does not serve its customers " then they should have not sold the sets on that basis,

What they are actually saying is that they don;t care about the customer.

All you have to do is accept this ridiculous excuse and order the Silver Eagle and its mintage in the millions as well as the other Moderns for another five years and maybe they will try harder.

First of all, I did complain to the U.S.Mint. I am sure that it went to deaf ears. My main complaint thatg appeared to go right through some people is that the U.S. Mint should change their name to the U.S. Dealers and Profiteer Corp. I get brochures all the time from the U.S.Mint that they are dedicated tot he highest customer satisfaction and collector. They need to change their spiel.

A person having 25 sets for sale and people advertising a set of five in grade 70 for $4000 is absurd. If there are people out there that are Naive enough to buy these sets a these prices to see them go down in value over the next few years then they need to step up.

If people want to continue to purchase their annual sets with a mintage in the tens of millions for the next five years and the U.S Mint might try to improve a system they admit is outdated and not in the interest of the customer and maybe the U.S. Mint will try harder for the next limited set in the next ten or 15 years then they need to go for it.

You don;t care as you obviously don;t collect the series and a few hundred dollars is a big seal for you.

The U.S. Mint and greedy non collectors have ruined the series.

I willl not order one more item from the U.S Mint and I am a regular customer.

The Morgan Dollar as well as other non modern series are a much better investment.

]

Nonsense. The U.S.Mint could care less. If they cared then the sets would have been adjusted to make sure that everybody received a set. The only way they can do that is to mint more than 100,000. There are more than 100,000 collectors in the world. If they knew that their "system was outdated and does not serve its customers " then they should have not sold the sets on that basis, They know their ordering system is outdated. They state that everytime a big item is released. Remember the 2008 Bald Eagle Coins? I do.. chaos and panic!

What they are actually saying is that they don;t care about the customer. Not true, you cant rub everybodys belly.

All you have to do is accept this ridiculous excuse and order the Silver Eagle and its mintage in the millions as well as the other Moderns for another five years and maybe they will try harder.

The Morgan Dollar as well as other non modern series are a much better investment.

That's all I can say I agree with on your post.

AMEN! I bought my sets because I like to hoard silver.. just like I do with Morgans and Peace dollars. :shy:

First of all, I did complain to the U.S.Mint. I am sure that it went to deaf ears. My main complaint thatg appeared to go right through some people is that the U.S. Mint should change their name to the U.S. Dealers and Profiteer Corp. I get brochures all the time from the U.S.Mint that they are dedicated tot he highest customer satisfaction and collector. They need to change their spiel.

A person having 25 sets for sale and people advertising a set of five in grade 70 for $4000 is absurd. If there are people out there that are Naive enough to buy these sets a these prices to see them go down in value over the next few years then they need to step up.

If people want to continue to purchase their annual sets with a mintage in the tens of millions for the next five years and the U.S Mint might try to improve a system they admit is outdated and not in the interest of the customer and maybe the U.S. Mint will try harder for the next limited set in the next ten or 15 years then they need to go for it.

You don;t care as you obviously don;t collect the series and a few hundred dollars is a big seal for you.

The U.S. Mint and greedy non collectors have ruined the series.

I willl not order one more item from the U.S Mint and I am a regular customer.

In order for a dealer to acquire a single set of perfect MS/PF70 coins means they had to purchase many sets, and most likely at a substantial premium over the Mint's low price of $299.95. Then they had to send them for grading, sitting on thousands of dollars for up to a month, finally to absorb the selling expenses on the sets that are sold through eBay. It's not a matter of selling a $300 set for $4000, there is value added along the way, due to the long, torturous process. I'm sure the price will fall over time, but the demand for these is almost unprecedented, and with many sets inevitably being opened instead of graded, the population of "25th Ann. Set" pedigree coins will suffer to some extent.

I also don't agree that Pedigreed coins will be viewed as equal to the non-pedigreed coins minted throughout the year. The experience, drama (in many cases disappointment), and mystique surrounding these sets will make the pedigree nostalgic, and maybe even infamous.

You are a very wise man Coinman. I agree 100 percent but this is a guy looking in, not owning a set yet so maybe im optimistic here, but I’ll bet you hit it on the head.

Congrats to all who won the lottery, Matt