• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for a 25th anniversary set.

16 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone.

I am looking to buy or trade for a 25th Anniversary set. I am not willing to pay $600.00 or more but i will trade for that amount of coins I have.

I have a 1951 proof set that was NGC graded but I cracked them back out to put out for display and due to lower than hoped for grades. All were 63 to 65 and the quarter is hazy but still nice.

You can see all the coins if you put in the NGC numbers starting with 2463671-002 and up to 2463671- 006.

I also have a lot of Franklin proofs I am willing to trade for a set.

You can see some of the coins i will trade for here

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetListing.aspx?PeopleSetID=82046

There are many more not in this list, i havent upgraded it in a year or more.

Please PM me or email me at

matt.parsons@live.com if you are interested.

Thanks, Matt

Less then that cause of how many people had friends or cousins and whoever else, buying them foe them. A local coin dealer I know told me he has 20a coming and he made deals with them all where he told them he guarantees them 50 dollars profit per set. That's kind of shady to me knowing they are selling for double. Just my opinion. I couldn't even get 1 set for my daughter! That's all I wanted. I will NOT pay 800you dollars for 1 set. Sorry for ranting

Nick

Matt & Nick,

Don't give up hope just yet. You need to remember all those people that purchased those sets for $50-$100 profit. By the time they actually receive them and see what the gougers are trying to get they will try selling them theirselves and that would put a bunch on the market for Christmas. My "1" set to be delivered on the 17th may not happen but there will be other opertunities I'm sure.

Later------Rick

Matt & Nick,

Don't give up hope just yet. You need to remember all those people that purchased those sets for $50-$100 profit. By the time they actually receive them and see what the gougers are trying to get they will try selling them theirselves and that would put a bunch on the market for Christmas. My "1" set to be delivered on the 17th may not happen but there will be other opertunities I'm sure.

Later------Rick

If the Mint starts shipping in a couple of weeks as they say the floodgates will open shortly before Thanksgiving as people start dumping their raw sets. The graded coins will follow soon thereafter.

Yes Sir.

And now that most boxes are opened to separate them, they won’t all get the 25th label with the two coins that are unique to the set.

Good luck to you all trying to get a set like me. My boat has sailed I think for now.

Maybe prices will drop in time but it won’t be any time soon. Oh well, there always the 30th year set to wait for….lol

I ordered my sets.. I have to send them all in for grading. When I get them back, Ill sell (mint price + grading fee + shipping) to those who didnt get them. I wont price gouge because Im DEAD against the Ebay price gougers union. I will also accept trades as well.. if anybody was interested in trading NGC morgans.. just saying.

I just want one 70 certified set.. if I get one.

Kenneth, you restore my faith in mankind. I hope you get all 70's back. Good luck to you! I was one who did not get a set, but I have a complete set of the 20th and I will let someone else have these. I will just get them later on in the market if I still want to add them.

MM

@ Kenneth F - i applaud your integrity and urge you to include your S&H costs from the mint, to and from NGC (or PCGS or whoever), as well as to your buyer(s). if i took you up on your generous offer i'd gladly pay that plus at least $50 for your time spent processing the order with the mint and again with the grading company.

lots of cynical and frustrated complaining and whining out there about the mint's processes and behavior ... despite some online struggles i got my 4 sets ordered in the first hour of the offer and they're arriving today (!) to be reshipped unopened to NGC this afternoon or tomorrow. no complaints from me.

hope you get 25 MS70s! you deserve it! (but not at the expense of mine being MS70s of course!)

Hello Everyone.

I am looking to buy or trade for a 25th Anniversary set. I am not willing to pay $600.00 or more but i will trade for that amount of coins I have.

I have a 1951 proof set that was NGC graded but I cracked them back out to put out for display and due to lower than hoped for grades. All were 63 to 65 and the quarter is hazy but still nice.

You can see all the coins if you put in the NGC numbers starting with 2463671-002 and up to 2463671- 006.

I also have a lot of Franklin proofs I am willing to trade for a set.

You can see some of the coins i will trade for here

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetListing.aspx?PeopleSetID=82046

There are many more not in this list, i havent upgraded it in a year or more.

Please PM me or email me at

matt.parsons@live.com if you are interested.

Thanks, Matt

$600 a set. They are being offered for $1900 or even $3000.00 At least 75% of the sets are in the hands of profiteers who could care less about the series. A few weeks ago I purchased a n 1898S Morgan dollar PCGS MS64 for $575. NGC retails it as $680 and PCGS as $725.00

I purchased the 2006 anniversary set from the U.S. Mint. The Reverse Proof graded at NGC at PF70 and NGC now lists it as $550. It was $750 a few years ago.There was only one in existence. Now there are two.

Three of the five coins are duplicates. The only difference is the label " anniversary set".

To each his/her own, I refuse to participate in the manipulation of prices in this scam. If History is any indication then prices will come down. Perhaps the one with the actual S.F. Mint Mark is the sleeper even though there are others out there without the Mint Mark but the " minted in S.F. label".

Throw the Dice.

Kenneth. I was wondering if you would consider if you could sell a set to my borther. he finally got in at 6pm. He got the rejection notice yesterday and He wanted 3 sets. One for him and one for each of his kids. He said he would be happy for one PF69 Set. I know you would sell a set at cost ,but between you and him you can descide a price. I have been confirmed for my set and I havent got the cancelation notice yet, If I do got the cancelation notice, I will do what I can to get one. I am not worried about me, He is on the registry under Richie Kiraly. If you descide to sell him one, and you want his phone #, I can give it to you in a PM

Thank You

Paul Kiraly

Well, just like I said in another thread.. HSN is horrible... Ole Mike with his red face is a joke... how many times can you say "absolutely positively" in a sentence.. Mike with his fat man buddy or the person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point with the fake British accent... and ANACS?? Come on man.. dont let it bring you down.. Nobody will buy from that joker.. and if somebody does, they need some education! Hang in there, there will be sets for affordable prices! Just remember to shop around!

Oh yea.. ANACS will grade anything 70.. Im suprised they dont have a MS80 yet. Keep in mind.. NGC wont crossover ANACS... There is a reason for that. because ANACS caters to dealers and talking heads on TV.