• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here are 3 Mercury Dimes- 40P; 41P; 42P.

9 posts in this topic

Here are 3 Mercury Dimes- 40P; 41P; 42P.

My pictures still aren't that great but I would be interested in your opinions and whether or no have the coins graded is worth while. Thanks again JS

1940 Mercury P

1940PMercuryProof.jpg

1940MercRev.jpg

1941 Mercury P

1941MercProof.jpg

1941MercRev.jpg

1942 Mercury P

1942MercuryProofA.jpg

1942MercProof.jpg

Thanks everyone for your comments. It all helps me learn. I'm not sure if I am going to get these graded or not- if I do I will definately get back and post the results. JS

I wouldn't have them graded, either.

Too much risk for so little payback.

They look to have possible surface issues, as well.

They would look nice in a Whitman folder, though.

Thank you all for your responses. I still don't get that great a quality with the pics but I am learning. You can get so much variety with just some lighting changes- These are out of proof sets that are in Capitol plastic holders- actually I think they look better "live" of course. I'm not sure about getting them graded- seems like it may be a good idea even though it is relatively expensive.

They appear to be nice, original looking coins and should be worth $100 and up, if certified. I think that does make them worth getting graded, if you can use the economy tier.

Nice silvers (thumbs u

1940 - PF65. FMV. - $219

1941 - PF63. Spotting. FMV - $156

1942 - PF65. FMV - $194

I would go PF64 on the 1940, agree on the others.

Nice silvers (thumbs u

1940 - PF65. FMV. - $219

1941 - PF63. Spotting. FMV - $156

1942 - PF65. FMV - $194

I would go PF64 on the 1940, agree on the others.

There is no way to grade proof coins accurately, based on images. The extent of hairlines, which almost always largely determines the grade, can't be detected from images.

For example, for all we know, the first and last coin could each deserve grades of PR63, PR64, PR65, PR66 or PR67 - the images don't allow us to make that determination.