• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

History repeats itself!

9 posts in this topic

I guess it was about 7 years ago that everyone was attacking JT Stanton because they had paid for the 4th Edition, Volume II of the CPG but never got it.

I knew that JT was having health issues, so I didn't worry about it. I knew that I would get it sooner or later.

Now, of course, Whitman owns the rights to the CPG. The 5th Edition, Volume I was released in 2008, and Whitman's first press release about Volume II indicated that it would be released sometime in 2009 or 2010. That has since come and gone. I contacted Whitman about it in late 2010 and was told that it was to be released in the spring of 2011, then July, but still no Volume II. In late August, they listed it for sale on their website for pre-order with delivery scheduled for late September. Then, it was changed to October. Gee, here we are and November is just a few days away and still no Volume II.

Wouldn't you think a big company like Whitman would have their act together? Volume I will be completely out of date by the time we get it. Why don't they issue both volumes at the same time?

Chris

I was really ticked off at JT over the 4th edition deal. Folks that paid early waited over two years to actually receive the book. The history behind the book has been really wild over the years. Looks like it still is.

Sorry to hear the guy has health issues. But if this is a well known problem, why doesn't he hand the duties off to someone else? It doesn't change the fact that a lot of people have paid good money and are waiting for a product.

I guess it was about 7 years ago that everyone was attacking JT Stanton because they had paid for the 4th Edition, Volume II of the CPG but never got it.

I knew that JT was having health issues, so I didn't worry about it. I knew that I would get it sooner or later.

Now, of course, Whitman owns the rights to the CPG. The 5th Edition, Volume I was released in 2008, and Whitman's first press release about Volume II indicated that it would be released sometime in 2009 or 2010. That has since come and gone. I contacted Whitman about it in late 2010 and was told that it was to be released in the spring of 2011, then July, but still no Volume II. In late August, they listed it for sale on their website for pre-order with delivery scheduled for late September. Then, it was changed to October. Gee, here we are and November is just a few days away and still no Volume II.

Wouldn't you think a big company like Whitman would have their act together? Volume I will be completely out of date by the time we get it. Why don't they issue both volumes at the same time?

Chris

I made contributions to the next edition, and it was being actively written throughout 2011 with the hopes of release in late Fall 2011. I have heard rumors that it is "at the presses."

But if this is a well known problem, why doesn't he hand the duties off to someone else?

My understanding was that he had and that Ken Potter was doing the editing now.

Could it be that the problem may be due to the possibility it is being printed in china ?

Being printed in China wouldnt' be the problem. You email the file to china, and they press print.