• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anniversary Set by amarillo

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I Hope, I Hope, I Hope????

I just got my order in at 3:50 MST, I just order one set which I hope I receive shorty after nov 11 2011, the shipping date. I receive my cofirmation number. I tried so hard to order this I got to the end of payement and the computer froze-up, boy that gets you mad, this when on all day, and for get the telphones. "O" well this day is over, who know with my luck I hope I get lucky. Amarillo

See more journals by amarillo

Amarillo,

I just got through at 7:30 Eastern. I figured with the crash (freeze) to go outside for a while and try later. The order went straight through. ---------------GOOD LUCK----------------

Rick

I just checked the status of my order - it shows a shipping date of 11/11, but the Mint site also says they have sold out as of 8:00 PM. I hope your orders (and mine) are filled.

This is from my Journal I posted.

Those who have an order from the US Mint on the ASE 25th Set after 6 PM are on hold

To all who got in after 6 PM you order will be on hold until the Mint digests the orders. Some orders will be kicked back for over the limit or credit card problems Others will be put on a waiting last. That happen to a friend when he order the Lincoln pennies only to see his order change from hold to cancelled. So check your orders tomorrow to see if it is on a hold or backorder. Good luck to those who order.

Now I do not put much on this set because in five years there will be an 30th Anniversary Set. However, "based on the available information, the 25th Anniversary Set will include two very significant coins in the American Silver Eagle series. These are the 2011-P Reverse Proof Silver Eagle and the 2011-S Uncalculated Silver Eagle. Provided these coins are not offered in any other format, they would have a maximum mintage of 100,000 pieces. These two coins would become the second lowest mintage Silver Eagles across all years and formats, after the rare 1995-W Proof Silver Eagle, which has a mintage of 30,125” according to Mint News Blog.

I already own one 2011 ASE 25th Adversary PF70 and there are ASE SF MS70 2011, ASE MS70 billion out there already.

I am just mad at the mint for not have a one per house hold limit. That way it would give us honest coin collectors a chance to get one set. Not get as many as one can and sell it on the secondary market…. REALLY US MINT!!!!

I am waiting for the dreaded email from the US Mint stating my order has been cancelled or put on a wait list. I order my set at 5:54PM EST. My fingers are crossed.

Happy Collecting

PS this is what the US Mint posted on its Facebook page:

We apologize to those of you having difficulty getting through to place orders for the 2011 American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set. Our ordering system has been running at capacity – in fact, orders were placed for approximately 25,000 sets during the first hour of sales.

We are committed to improving your online ordering experience and have recently awarded a contract that will result in a new, state of art order management system. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we work toward implementing this new system in 2012.

YEA that is what they said when this happen before.

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg