• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who will be attending FUN 2012?

61 posts in this topic

Will I be able to put some faces to more of the usernames? Does anyone have plans to attend the NGC Luncheon?

I just submitted a post to "Ask NGC" to see if they will be offering the Morgan & Peace Dollar onsite grading special for $30 like they did at most of the other shows this year.

So, who will be there?

Chris

ME

:acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim::acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim:

I don't even know where I will be living at that time...go Army.

Heck, I don't even know where I will be living at the end of this month, but I won't let that stop me from visiting with good friends and meeting new ones.

I received a response from Max at "Ask NGC", and yes, NGC will be offering the Morgan & Peace onsite grading special for $30 with a 5-coin minimum.

Chris

When is the luncheon? Have invitations gone out?

The luncheon is usually held on Saturday. No, the invitations haven't been sent yet.

Chris

Heck, I don't even know where I will be living at the end of this month, but I won't let that stop me from visiting with good friends and meeting new ones.

I received a response from Max at "Ask NGC", and yes, NGC will be offering the Morgan & Peace onsite grading special for $30 with a 5-coin minimum.

Chris

Looks like I need to dig up 2 more Morgans...I have 3 raw one's I need to submit...if I can wait that long lol

Chris

Looks like I need to dig up 2 more Morgans...I have 3 raw one's I need to submit...if I can wait that long lol

I'm sure there won't be any shortage of raw Morgans for sale at the show.

Chris

A week or so ago, it sait "coming soon" under the Educational Program schedule. Randy Campbell just finished making up the schedule around Thanksgiving. All I know is the VAM Thing IX is at 3:45 Friday. I would expect to see the full schedule soon. It looks like they just revamped the website, and perhaps the vamper didn't get the schedule from Randy yet.

It does seem that the schedule is coming out kind of late this time. Besides the schedule for seminars, I always like to check the dealer directory so I can make note of those I want to visit.

Chris

A week or so ago, it sait "coming soon" under the Educational Program schedule. Randy Campbell just finished making up the schedule around Thanksgiving. All I know is the VAM Thing IX is at 3:45 Friday. I would expect to see the full schedule soon. It looks like they just revamped the website, and perhaps the vamper didn't get the schedule from Randy yet.

Well, John, now that you've received your official invite to the NGC Luncheon, at least you won't have to put up with me at the same table. :roflmao:

Chris

Well, John, now that you've received your official invite to the NGC Luncheon, at least you won't have to put up with me at the same table. :roflmao:

Chris

I got my first one - unfortunately :( will not be attending

(They must miss me :whistle: )

Silly question.....

What is it all about? Is it a show or a seminar, I have read posts that give me mixed ideas on what it is. Where is it? I'm just curious......

Nick

Silly question.....

What is it all about? Is it a show or a seminar, I have read posts that give me mixed ideas on what it is. Where is it? I'm just curious......

Nick

The FUN Show (Florida United Numismatists) is one of the oldest and largest numismatic shows in the country. For the last several years, 2010 being an exception, it is staged at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, and there are 800+ dealers attending from all over the country. Besides the opportunity to view countless millions of dollars in inventory, there are also major auction venues, seminars and competitive numismatic-related educational displays.

Chris

I really thought this year was going to be THE year for attending but damn if life didn't interfere with my plans. Did I say life????? I meant wife ;):devil::tonofbricks::frustrated:

For all of you out there waiting with baited breath.....I have selected my shirt for the coming FUN show and it is nothing short of magnificient. For those not in attendance I will make sure to have some pictures taken with board members and post them here......my shirt will be the talk of the show...coins...who cares about coins anyway??? :acclaim:

For all of you out there waiting with baited breath.....I have selected my shirt for the coming FUN show and it is nothing short of magnificient. For those not in attendance I will make sure to have some pictures taken with board members and post them here......my shirt will be the talk of the show...coins...who cares about coins anyway??? :acclaim:

Shirt? What shirt? I thought you were going to buy a skirt?

Chris

I will be there Saturday for the NGC luncheon and Sunday.

I'm also going to expirence my first HA auction as a seller with two $5 rare notes out of my collection, time to make room for others to be graded :) and plan to be a buyer too.

I want to be the talk of the show, I don't want to be arrested at the show :o

Obviously, you didn't see that cute blonde who was on duty with OCSD a couple years ago. She can arrest me any time. As a matter of fact, I asked her to arrest me.