• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone with Franklin Proofs

3 posts in this topic

have you done this

Call out to anyone who has had experience getting Franklin proofs graded by PCGS ? What was you experience compared to NGC grading ?

If you have any experience please share the skinny ? If you would not like to share publicly shoot me an Email or a PM.

thanks,

moondoggy (Mike)

See more journals by moondoggy

I send a lot of franklins in, I find that PCGS is real hard on proofs, where NGC is hard but gives a one grade better over all. To get over the Proof 66 grades, the coin has to have a flawless back ground. The cheek of franklin must be defect free. If you look close, the franklins will have tiny bumps in the fields, Die flaws, where the silver does not flow properly and leaves uneven fields. Remember, at NGC and PCGS, if your going for cameo, both sides must be cameo, If one side is deep cameo, the other just cameo, then you get cameo only, in order for a deep cameo, then BOTH sides must be deep cameo.

You will get more 65's and 66's then 67.