• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

As I reminded my client today, "patience pays"...

23 posts in this topic

A client of mine, who was far from a patient collector before he started dealing with me, finally got his payoff today, after nearly a two year wait.

He/we had been looking for a fairly common type and grade of type coin for his collection. And he wanted one which was either lightly toned at the border, or color-free.

Initially, he was in somewhat of a hurry, but little by little, over time, I trained him. ;)

On the occasions in which he pretended to be patient, but wasn't, I saw right through him and called him on it. And he and his bluffing quickly folded like a tent. :D We had some really good laughs over that.

I told him all along, that it would be a matter of finding the right coin for him, AND, at the right price. Often, it was easy to find one or the other, but the combination of both proved to be quite an obstacle. Still, I knew that it would happen, eventually, even if HE didn't know it. ;)

Finally, I obtained the right coin for him, at the right price, and he received it today. He is absolutely thrilled, as I expected he would be. So much so, in fact, that he wants to take the coin to dinner, when he goes out with his wife tonight. I urged him not to do that. :o

:)

I have decided not to post the coin, in large part, because that is not what this thread is about.

It is about patience, and patience really can and does pay.

As a dealer, this is the best part of my "job".

Mark

You make it hard to be patient when you tempt us with a new list of "coins we can't live without" every month or so.

Corky

(thumbs u

Mark

You make it hard to be patient when you tempt us with a new list of "coins we can't live without" every month or so.

Corky

Corky, please accept my apology. I will remove you from my list. :devil:

;)

I know it wasn't Curly. He's still kicking himself for not following your suggestions on two Oregon's and did apologize.

That was very nice of him, but he had no need to apologize - he didn't do anything to me. When I examine coins for and make suggestions to clients, ultimately, it is still their collection and money and decision.

I hope Ankur enjoys his new coin. FYI- I'm flagging Feld 15 yards for too many emoticons in one post...........MJ

I hope Ankur enjoys his new coin. FYI- I'm flagging Feld 15 yards for too many emoticons in one post...........MJ

hm:orantrant:sumo:(tsk):blahblah:(worship):makepoint::acclaim::kidaround::applause::sorry::news::tonofbricks::boo:doh!:gossip:(shrug)zzz:juggle::headbang::frustrated::screwy::bump::roflmao::pullhair::golfclap::busy::taptaptap::idea::eyeroll::whee::rulez::ohnoez::slapfight: :slapfight: :preach:

:popcorn: :popcorn:

This forum has the most animated emoticons.

hm:orantrant:sumo:(tsk):blahblah:(worship):makepoint::acclaim::kidaround::applause::sorry::news::tonofbricks::boo:doh!:gossip:(shrug)zzz:juggle::headbang::frustrated::screwy::bump::roflmao::pullhair::golfclap::busy::taptaptap::idea::eyeroll::whee::rulez::ohnoez::slapfight: :slapfight: :preach:

And you my f®iend are the most egregious (ab)user thereof.

And you my f®iend are the most egregious (ab)user thereof.

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

Agree with the concept except it's hard to be patient in a booming bull market when prices are going up almost every day.

Fortunately, we don't have to worry about that at the present time. :D

Yes, it is said that patience is a virtue. Yet, being penniless is probably not a desirable condition either. On the other hand, sometimes patience is enforced by insufficient cash..........particularly agonizing when faced with a Feldini early bird email. hm

Agree with the concept except it's hard to be patient in a booming bull market when prices are going up almost every day.

Fortunately, we don't have to worry about that at the present time. :D

Totally agree. Time is your friend in a stagnant or falling market.

Yes, it is said that patience is a virtue. Yet, being penniless is probably not a desirable condition either. On the other hand, sometimes patience is enforced by insufficient cash..........particularly agonizing when faced with a Feldini early bird email. hm

hm

I know it wasn't Curly. He's still kicking himself for not following your suggestions on two Oregon's and did apologize.

That was very nice of him, but he had no need to apologize - he didn't do anything to me. When I examine coins for and make suggestions to clients, ultimately, it is still their collection and money and decision.

I just fumbled the ball, thats all. I will recover and we'll move on to bigger and better things with my Oregon Trail set. I just know it!