• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I hate the term SEMI-key, but guess the grade on this semi-key 1892-s Morgan ;)

16 posts in this topic

Greetings all. I haven't picked up much lately, but it hasn't been due to a lack of effort. I've been getting blown out of the water on many of the coins I've shown interest in. I guess others felt the coins were PQ as well and my bids which I thought were very competetive offers seemed low-ball in comparison. However I did manage to pick up this 1892-s Morgan. I'll leave the guessing to you guys :)

1892sngc-horz.jpg

Well, I'll guess it grades White (cause that's all I'm seeing ;) )

Need some pics to grade the coin.

I guess I was experiencing some technical difficulties. doh! Problem should be resolved now

The 1892-S was a well struck date, so I'm saying XF 45 due to the rub on the hair around the ear and on the eagle's breast.

+1 (thumbs u

Well first off, let me say that I like this coin. Now that I got that off my chest, for some reason, this was one of the toughest coins for me to image. I couldn't really get the lighting right and was pulling out what's left of my hair. Certain photos made the coin look washed out , polished in others. I just couldn't (and for that matter STILL can't) get it right. I will definitely keep trying & when I get it right, will post additional photos. If not, I'll probably just have one of our resident imaging pros here do the dirty work for me :)

Here's how NGC saw this one. I'm not sure I agree 100%, I think it's somewhere between a XF45 & AU50 (I'll call it XF/AU 47.5) lol

diffusedslabs.jpg