• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts on my new Walker....***NGC 2.1 ALERT****

22 posts in this topic

Won this one for what I thought was a strong price but in hand the toning is much nicer than I imagined so I am really gladd I adjusted my max bid up 3 times lol The fact that the holder did end up being the rare NGC 2.1 is icing on the cake fellow vintage holder weenie's :banana:

Thoughts on the coins eye appeal and grade?.....no clue if this has any shot at upgrade but I think it's at least as advertised...MS66 hm

Consignments63252.jpg

Consignments63257.jpg

Consignments63321.jpg

Consignments63326.jpg

It is a nice, solid MS 66 and looks to be original, with clean surfaces and well struck up for the issue. I just don't think that I like that obverse toning style, as it is too dark for me, personally, although I can see some nice rose, russet and red colors. I LIKE the reverse alot. All-in-all it was a VERY GOOD pick up, especially if you have an affinity for that type of toning. Yes--that vintage slab is a very cool bonus!! Congrats on a great registry coin, whether you play the registry game or not, as it is definitely a gem! :)

With regards to your upgrade remark, I agree with the grade on the holder; however, I do not think that it would upgrade. The toning seems to mute the luster on the obverse, and the luster isn't strong enough to warrant a MS67 on the reverse either in my opinion.

With regards to your upgrade remark, I agree with the grade on the holder; however, I do not think that it would upgrade. The toning seems to mute the luster on the obverse, and the luster isn't strong enough to warrant a MS67 on the reverse either in my opinion.

And who would want to get it put in a new holder and lose the 2.1 anyway??

True for sure

Great pickup. Color is outstanding. This is a solid MS66. As stated in an earlier reply, absolutely no reason to remove this beauty from the 2.1 holder.

You're lucky I didn't see this one, it would have cost you even more. :)

Carl

I agree with you. I was responding to his remark concerning whether it should grade higher than MS66 by today's standards.

Awesome Walker, Shane! Is this your first 2.1 slab?

Chris

No, he's posted several over the years. I've even bought one from him.

Jason is correct...I have probably owned 5 or 6 2.1's over the years and maybe 10 NGC 2.0's. Currently I have 2 examples of 2.1's that I snagged off Ebay and I have never even seen a 2.0 at a show.