• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Peace Dollar Pickup

35 posts in this topic

I watched this one on Ebay... I know what it originally sold for and was the under bidder..

The original sellers pics sucked so it was a bit of a gamble and then I saw who bought it (the Ebay dealer was the recent topic of a very long thread) and what they then marked it up to... Moon money for a 26-S but I think you got a decent deal on it if those marks on the cheek arent rub...

I have my fingers crossed for a MS62 for ya !

Nice pick up and you got balls to pull the trigger !! Congrats !! I am jealous !

Edited to add: There are only 3 * 26-S so I tend to doubt it but good luck.

And when did Mark Feld start liking toned Peace $ ?? I have been away too long !! lol...

I watched this one on Ebay... I know what it originally sold for and was the under bidder..

The original sellers pics sucked so it was a bit of a gamble and then I saw who bought it (the Ebay dealer was the recent topic of a very long thread) and what they then marked it up to... Moon money for a 26-S but I think you got a decent deal on it if those marks on the cheek arent rub...

I have my fingers crossed for a MS62 for ya !

Nice pick up and you got balls to pull the trigger !! Congrats !! I am jealous !

Edited to add: There are only 3 * 26-S so I tend to doubt it but good luck.

And when did Mark Feld start liking toned Peace $ ?? I have been away too long !! lol...

I like just about any coin that is attractively toned and original looking. My appreciation for Peace Dollars of the type which is the subject of this thread, is nothing new. ;)

Ya got my vote! That one has some pretty color. Nice pick up.

Do ya think it got it's color from the holder it's in?

Buffalo, I definitely think the toning is a result of the Medfield holder.

TonerGuy... I paid a fraction of the asking price. I actually expected my offer to be auto-negged. Low and behold it was accepted. If u want to know the price paid feel free to PM me. I am curious to know what u know about the coins history.

Buffalo, I definitely think the toning is a result of the Medfield holder.....

Absolutely not!

On the other hand, I do think the toning is a result of the Redfield holder.

;)

Buffalo, I definitely think the toning is a result of the Medfield holder.....

Absolutely not!

On the other hand, I do think the toning is a result of the Redfield holder.

;)

Android auto-correct gets me again. ;)

I have my fingers crossed for a MS62 for ya

As long as they don't find some reason to bag it, I am not really concerned about the technical grade. Although I will be crossing my fingers for a star.

I have my fingers crossed for a MS62 for ya

As long as they don't find some reason to bag it, I am not really concerned about the technical grade. Although I will be crossing my fingers for a star.

Why bother to have it graded, at all? If it is a lower grade unc., I can't see certification (even if it included a star) making much, if any, difference.

For this coin... it's about the star for me. As TonerGuy alluded to 1926-s is a tough coin to find with a star. I haven't yet made a Peace * and I think this coin gives me a chance to do so. Certainly not looking for any ROI on the grading costs.

TonerGuy... I paid a fraction of the asking price. I actually expected my offer to be auto-negged. Low and behold it was accepted. If u want to know the price paid feel free to PM me. I am curious to know what u know about the coins history.

I know what you paid... you dont want to know what the coin sold to that dealer for... Im still sick over it....

You have a beautiful coin and I am hoping for a 62 for ya ! A star and you hit the jackpot ! To the brave go the spoils !

Dont trust the seller... Wouldnt be surprised if its AT......

I would sure be very surprised, as it doesn't look the least bit suspicious.

Jersey,

I do like the coin and I feel it would look nice in anyones collection. But I dont personally feel it would star, but I am not one of the graders looking at the coin as they have overall say if it would be granted a star or not. I would state the reasons I dont feel it would star, but as my signature says, "I'm not an expert in coins". With that being said, I too hope you are one of the few lucky ones to recieve a star on this coin.

-Chris#2