• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What amount of time was reasonable to hold a coin in this scenario?

49 posts in this topic

Based on the scenario you offer, I would open the coin to client 3 on Thursday. My reasoning is that if client 2 had a strong interest you would have received an email response with a request to view the coin. No response tells me no strong interest.

If I were client 2 or 3 in this scenario, that is exactly how I would expect to be treated.

I'm not a professional coin dealer, but I am in sales. Neither I or my company will allow any prospective buyer to tie up inventory for more than 24 hours.

Carl

I would have given client #2 about 3 or 4 days. This is plenty of time for him to check his email even if he is irregular about it. Its not too much time to chase away client #3. If client 2 had really wanted it and was not on the internet much, he would have left a phone number.

This is a tough situation, I want to be fair to both parties, as well as to myself.

From your expression, I'd say that you're not being fair enough to yourself.

116058.jpg.edececc139bb3122acc7ba936fcc80b8.jpg

This is a tough situation, I want to be fair to both parties, as well as to myself.

From your expression, I'd say that you're not being fair enough to yourself.

Fear not, I was posing for Charmy at the time and was much happier than I appeared.

:D

Well I've read all the posts, Man! Anyway, I kind of ran into the same situation a couple weeks ago with just 2 interested buyers tho'. The first offered payment but wasn't clear on the actual purchase. I emailed clarification and waited for a response. In the meantime, #2 comes and I explain this is on hold for #1. After 3 days? I finally sold to #2. The day after, #1 finally responds, He had went out of town, and I felt bad because I had sold to #2. So, getting back to your story, if #2 was that interested, then he should contact you within 3 days or have let you know in the beginning that he would not be available for a certain amount of time. After 3 days and no response, I would think that you would offer it to #3. Also, I guess #1 decided he was not interested in the coin??

I gotta meet this Mark guy someday!

Looks like a guy that knows what he's talking about.

Mark who?

Mr. Feld ..... of Course!

Looks leaner in this picture....

116065.jpg.58ff0056b4313bbce5ac4377ccc0c1b7.jpg

I gotta meet this Mark guy someday!

Looks like a guy that knows what he's talking about.

Mark who?

Mr. Feld ..... of Course!

Looks leaner in this picture....

And meaner lol

Clearly from those photos this Feld clown is someone who I really would not want to deal with. What an attitude! He looks like your typical "mad at the world" coin dealer...bah humbug!

Besides that he seems to offer coins his clients want to return a lot. I mean...really!

:devil:

jom

I've never had a coin sent to me on approval, but I think that once a coin was received, 24 hours or less would be plenty of time to make a decision and get back to the seller with that decision.

Who normally pays for the shipping on deals like this?

Client #1 returned the coin, at which time I made it available to client #2, via email. The question was how long should I have given client #2 to let me know if he wanted to buy it, once I learned (and informed client #2) that client #3 was interested in it.

I pay shipping for coins I send out on approval and/or sell. Client pays return shipping.

I'd give him 3 days tops. If he didn't answer my emails by then #3 gets the coin.

I still haven't heard back from him and truly do hope all is well with him.

The email coin list: "....As always,coins will be placed on hold and/or sold, based on the order in which requests or ORDERS are received...."

The website clearly describes the "APPROVAL SERVICE".

You state the individual was not known to you. This triggers a requirement that refererences be furnished to you, per the "APPROVAL SERVICE description/condition.

The website also lists a tel. #, in case someone can't reach you for some reason by telephone.

The email list is time-sensitive, as it is a "first look" offer, before the coin is placed on the website for all.

It is clear to all that the email list offering is a fast-moving fluid situation.

Given the parameters, your Website instructions, your contact info readily available, and no response within 24 hours, which required the first goal be met-providing references, your fairness and equity and courtesy promises on the website have certainly been fulfilled. They just have not been reciprocated.

But (there is always a "but"), I am curious, as to what is the time between the "first look" list, and the website listing?

Respectfully,

John Curlis

The email coin list: "....As always,coins will be placed on hold and/or sold, based on the order in which requests or ORDERS are received...."

You state the individual was not known to you. This triggers a requirement that refererences be furnished to you, per the "APPROVAL SERVICE description/condition.

The website also lists a tel. #, in case someone can't reach you for some reason by telephone.

The email list is time-sensitive, as it is a "first look" offer, before the coin is placed on the website for all.

It is clear to all that the email list offering is a fast-moving fluid situation.

Given the parameters, your Website instructions, your contact info readily available, and no response within 24 hours, which required the first goal be met-providing references, your fairness and equity and courtesy promises on the website have certainly been fulfilled. They just have not been reciprocated.

But (there is always a "but"), I am curious, as to what is the time between the "first look" list, and the website listing?

Respectfully,

John Curlis

Thank you John.

In answer to your question, I usually add my new coins to my website between 1 and 2 days after they are listed in my email list.

Respectfully,

John Curlis

Thank you John.

In answer to your question, I usually add my new coins to my website between 1 and 2 days after they are listed in my email list.

Then I definitely WILL NOT consider revising my opinion.

The "...thing speaks for itself...".

Respectfully,

John Curlis