• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Give it up!! Tell me what's wrong with my pic!

22 posts in this topic

I hate trying to get the right lighting and moving the slab all around so I tried something with this little toner and was wondering what ya'll think. I can take it, slam it!! lol

Btw, the pic is a very very close representation of the coin in-hand.

1884MorganPCGSMS63.jpg

I hate trying to get the right lighting and moving the slab all around so I tried something with this little toner and was wondering what ya'll think. I can take it, slam it!! lol

1884MorganPCGSMS63.jpg

I suspect that the colors of the crescent toning are a little more vibrant than shown.

Chris

1884MorganPCGSMS63.jpg

I suspect that the colors of the crescent toning are a little more vibrant than shown.

Chris

You are right Chris, the colors are a little brighter. I also notice that the luster is there but it's doesn't show as natural as other pics.

Bobby, the picture is very crisp and nice. Only thing that might help is a third light. I assume from the picture that you are using two, but the bottom seems not to be as lit as the rest. Make sure you have the right white balance set on your camera and other than that, it's looking really good!

I agree with what others have posted...the pictures are nice but if you want to nit pick then more lighting since the bottom portion of the obverse and reverse aren't lit and then fix the white balance and you could be a super star mjy friend (thumbs u

Well I have to break it to ya'll. I like the pics also considering the camera set-up that I used. Not a whole lot of room for adjustment with this set-up but it seems to have proven itself to take decent enough pics to be able to at least represent the coin by 85-90%. So, I have attached a pic of the camera set-up I used below.

:popcorn:

apple_iphone_4_psd.jpg

That's incedible! I thought those pictures were great. They could have been a tad larger but otherwise, GREAT! I can't believe you had those kind of results with an I-PHONE!!
Actually I downsized them to this size. It takes the pics at approx. 1700. I downsized them to 400 ea..

That's incedible! I thought those pictures were great. They could have been a tad larger but otherwise, GREAT! I can't believe you had those kind of results with an I-PHONE!!
Actually I downsized them to this size. It takes the pics at approx. 1700. I downsized them to 400 ea..

lol That is remarkable! How is the resolution at >400? Is it still good?

Well I downsize it in Adobe so it actually compresses the photo so it maintains it's resolution. Once you downsize and compress it, unless you save it as another file, you can't go back and enlarge it, as it gets blurry. I didn't save it as another file cause I wasn't worried about using the picture again.

To add, the pic looks the same at 1700px as it does now at 400px.

Well I downsize it in Adobe so it actually compresses the photo so it maintains it's resolution. Once you downsize and compress it, unless you save it as another file, you can't go back and enlarge it, as it gets blurry. I didn't save it as another file cause I wasn't worried about using the picture again.

To add, the pic looks the same at 1700px as it does now at 400px.

:thumbsup:

Nice images, especially if you consider the fact that you did it without a dedicated macro lens.

The only comment I would have is to change the white balance in Photoshop.

I took a stab at it. Tell me if the coin actually looks like this. Your original is on the left, adjusted white balance on the right.

1884MorganPCGSMS63_2k.jpg

~Roman

You are right TwoKopeiki. The coin is more white than the blue tone that is showing. I didn't want to change anything in photoshop just so I could show what the actual picture would look like thru the Iphone. This was mostly a representation of the Iphones ability for picture taking.