• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats wrong with the forum?

6 posts in this topic

It seems as is "some" of the replies within each thread have individual scroll bars while others do not?

On the screen shot below, both replies have individual vertical and horizontal scroll bars in addition to the primary vertical scroll bar on the right.

NGCThread-01.jpg

Below, the top reply has the scroll bars yet ThePennyLady's reply does not?

NGCThread-02.jpg

Is appears that some replies have links to http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net which is unavailable. Could it have something to do with the siglines and advertisements?

NGCThread-03.jpg

I suspect the NGC folks are investigating new ways of integrating Google Ads into the forums, some of which have comprised the integrity of the aforementioned posts and scrollbars.

I would say that I believe that NGC Collectors Society members (myself included) should not have to see these ads, as part of our membership.

A suggestion would be to contact NGC/Collectors Society. I sent e mails to Architect and to NGC/Collectors Society.

Architect responded that they were "looking into it". No response from NGC.

I'll post any response I get from NGC. In the mean time e mails from concerned and annoyed Collectors Society members may help NGC to understand the level of disapproval the banner ads are causing.

Keep in mind this could also be an intrusion/security issue on the web site.

Carl