• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 Newps

8 posts in this topic

Past the 50 mark

Tonight I was able to take some photos of my most recent additions to my horse-themed set. Below you will see the three most recent additions.

The first is a 10 cent piece from 1953 Spain. This coin was minted during a historically interesting period in Spain, and I hope to write some details in the coin description very soon.

The 2nd is the reverse of a 1961 Heraldic Art Medal commemorating the Centennial of the Statehood of Kansas. This one has particular meaning to me as I was born in and spent the first 24 years of my life in Kansas. It's a beautiful coin featuring a rendition of the Seal of the State of Kansas, and the motto "Ad Astra Per Aspera" -- translated as "To the stars through difficulty".

The last coin shown is a $1 proof issue from the Sovereign Poarch Creek Nation of American Indians in Alabama. I was pointed to this beautiful coin by nunfa0. A lot of members here are starting to know me as "that horse guy", and I've been getting some great pointers and links. I appreciate all of these!!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm trying to enjoy the nice weather while it lasts...as I'm sure we'll be covered in snow within a few short weeks.

Cheers,

-Brandon

9523.jpg

See more journals by The BRG Collection

Great coins Brandon! I especially like the Kansas Heraldic Art Medal. Fifty coins already, they build up fast. All the best!

Gary

Brandon, I'm with Gary, that Kansas medal is very attractive. Thank for sharing and hope your weather stays pleasant for a few more weeks.

Later,

Malcolm