• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADE POSTED: 1955 Washington Quarter, die polish and all!

18 posts in this topic

Nice older proof there James. I'm not sure about the spotting tho', looks like quite a bit of it. If it were mine and raw, that thing would be takin a quick dip. I'm guessing about PF64-65.

As you already know, it's impossible to see all hairlines in a photo of a proof coin. I'll guess PF66-PF67 from what I can see. You may make a CAM, but there is enough weakness on the eagle instead that I would award a star instead.

cleaned

I would have a difficult time convincing myself those were die polish lines at those locations - although with a loupe, I might be able to see them raised rather than indented

PR 64, the spot on the obverse of such a nice coin with such nice mirrors would hold it back. The reverse prevents the cameo designation although the obverse shows some really nice frosting from what appears to be a repolish.

Well I do have to add. I think the Cam part is close enough to be ok. If the spotting came after the slabbing, then ok. I don't think the die polish lines should effect anything but if the spotting was there when it was slabbed, I could not buy this coin, as is, as a PF68. jmo