• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1891 - O Morgan (I pretty much know its cleaned) but.....

11 posts in this topic

I would like others opinions of what it would have graded if it had been able to not be placed in a details holder. I know it may be harder to guess accurately due to it being in a 2x2, but just looking for a rough estimate grade wise. The coin does still have some luster left as depending on which way you tilt the coin it still produces a "cartwheel" effect under halogen lights. I have the guess of AU55 and a I think maybe a VAM-3A1 possibly. If there is an area of the coin you would like a closeup picture of, just mention it and I will provide it so I can get an idea of what VAM this may be.

Thank you in advance for your time.

-Chris#2

DSCF0400-small.jpg

DSCF0401-small.jpg

Image61.jpg

Image59.jpg

Image60.jpg

And for those who would like to help determine the VAM here are a few closeups of areas I had seen mentioned on VAMworld for this coin.

Image58.jpg

Image57.jpg

F15 - VF20

It actually has a tiny bit of mint surface between the letters on the obverse which is indicative of an EF-45. But since it's been cleaned the net grade falls in the low VF range.

F15 - VF20

Woah, that's a little harsh.

I'd put this one at EF. Yes, it is cleaned as you know.

I made a quick judgement and didn't look at the whole coin. I looked at the flat ear area. That being said I would go so high as VF35 but don't see higher.