• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SMS Resgitry Set

13 posts in this topic

The question why aren't more collectors using the Registry and Forum.Simple NGC needs to let the small collectors in.It's maybe some what easier, but not less inexpensive to collect a five or six coin set then some of the larger(modern) mad.gif sets.

Agreed. NGC needs to add lots of small sets so the public can ooohhh and aaahhhh over them. I can't tell you how often I drool over the PCGS 1963 Year Set. Don't even get me started on that 1972 Proof Set. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My suggestions:

Year sets from 1793-2002. 200+ new sets right here. Include a proof version and you've DOUBLED the number of sets!!!!!

Denomination sets: Any 1¢, 5¢, 10¢, 25¢, 50¢, $1

Modern dollar sets: SBA & Sac

Obsolete circulating coinage sets: Kennedy 50¢ & SBA/Sac $1

Obsolete non-circulating coinage sets: 1/2¢, 2¢, 3¢, 20¢

The current commems could be broken into many small sets: Olympic coins, active Olympic people, symbolic Olympic coins, Olympic coins that show sport equipment, etc.

Give me a little more time (and put me on the NGC payroll) and I'll come up with a few more thousand meaningless sets that you can create.

I urge the people at NGC to resist the urge to keep this registry respectable. Do not do this. Please break it down into a ton of meaningless and nonsense sets like your competition did.

Remember, it is not important to the quality and meaning of the sets. The only thing that matters is the number of registered sets.

How about the Modern minted only for Collectors sets that I have been waiting for over a year now for PCGS to put up?

1965 to 1967 all 15 SMS coins

1970D, 1987P, 1987D, and the 1998 matte Kennedys

1973P, 1973D Ikes

Blue Ikes from , 71, 72, 73, 74

1976 silver coins (3 coins MS not proof)

1981-PDS SBAs

1994, 1997 matte Jeffersons

1996 W Roosevelts

2000 millenium Sac

We have discussed denomination sets before and I like the idea. I thought David was going to start some of these , as soon as he cleared his backlog of some other sets. tongue.gif

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

We're presently disinclined to create these small sets, because they seem to take away from the significance of the series and type sets. If enough Registry participants ask for them, we can rethink this policy.