• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC's New Display Box - Action Shots!

23 posts in this topic

In a recent Numisquest I won a new and improved NGC display case and I thought the forum might be interested in how it worked out:

468105-series.jpg

In the top photo you can the display box emerging from it';s shipping container, as well as my twenty orphan slabs awaiting a new home.

Next one down shows the box removed from the packaging and half filled with slabs.

The third one shows all twenty slabs, snug and content in their new home.

Finally, in the last photo the display box lid is replaced and all is peaceful in coindom.

Overall, the box gets a thumbsup2.gif, thanks NGC!

-JamminJ

First the action shot of guys standing around a dining room table, and now this! Whoa!

Nice storage box.

That was pretty exciting reading! I like the new box, sort of has a sleek, modern feel to it. Do PCGS slabs still fit in the box?

That was pretty exciting reading! I like the new box, sort of has a sleek, modern feel to it. Do PCGS slabs still fit in the box?

PCGS slabs fit just fine. Maybe another action shot featuring PCGS slabs is in order. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I agree the silver color gives it a "space age" feel.

-JamminJ

First the action shot of guys standing around a dining room table, and now this! Whoa!

Coinees can be a wild bunch, you know. stooges.gif

-JamminJ

I'm new here, but will this now make the old brown ngc boxes collectible?

I highly doubt it, but if the old boxes do become collectable, I should do well, as I have about 25 of them! grin.gif

John

I think the only difference is the color--I think it's the same as the old box size-wise.

On another note, my new box is holding charity auction slabs... already full! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Now it's jammin'. smile.gif

468215-ngcbox2.gif

Very creative - I like it!

-JamminJ

Thanks, Howard Jr.

PCGS slabs fit just fine. Maybe another action shot featuring PCGS slabs is in order. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here's an idea I “just” came up with. I'll put NGC slabs in a PCGS box and you can come over and take some "action" shots. This action will include:

1) jom trying to pick up the box

2) Lid comes off (because of ill concieved PCGS box) and it slips out of jom’s hands.

3) Box crashes to the floor breaking the box and potentially cracking a few slabs

4) jom gets pissed and throws PCGS box against wall in garage in disgust (you have to do this in the garage...for this reason alone).

5) jom stomping running around the garage trying to find something else to throw during his tantrum.

6) Jammin gives jom his pacifier and all is well.

Now that's some ACTION!

jom

Disclaimer: Any relation this particular "act" may have to anyone, dead or alive, or any actual event is strictly a coincidence. laughy.gif

Here's an idea I “just” came up with. I'll put NGC slabs in a PCGS box and you can come over and take some "action" shots. This action will include:

1) jom trying to pick up the box

2) Lid comes off (because of ill concieved PCGS box) and it slips out of jom’s hands.

3) Box crashes to the floor breaking the box and potentially cracking a few slabs

4) jom gets pissed and throws PCGS box against wall in garage in disgust (you have to do this in the garage...for this reason alone).

5) jom stomping running around the garage trying to find something else to throw during his tantrum.

6) Jammin gives jom his pacifier and all is well.

Now that's some ACTION!

jom

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

OK, OK...I'm wierd and, well, it was late. grin.gif

That was just a "replay" of a situation I had when I tried (unknowingly) to put NGC slabs in a PCGS box the first time. heh.

jom

I've used the older smoky brown boxes for years. One thing I liked is that the transparent plastic allowed me to see the front coin from outside of the box - made it easy to grab the right box off the shelf without labeling.

The silver does look kind of cool, though!

Ken

Hello all,

Can someone please tell me, where can you buy these boxes ? I've been looking around this site but don't see a store link.....Thanks....

Paul