• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aiken, SC coin show pickups

6 posts in this topic

The Aiken, SC coin show was a fun little show, took the wife and youngest son (11) and spent the months allowance pretty quickly. There was around 20 dealers and it was nice because it wasn't at all crowded and easy to move around from table to table. With the exception of one dealer they were all a pleasure to deal with and talk to.

Here is where my money went:

MPC's

I needed this one and thought the price was good for a nice example.

6811d.jpg

bought this one because it is a condition upgrade and also position number 16415c.jpg

I was looking to pick up an Illinois or Boone commemorative but there wasn't a one at the show. Instead I picked up this Long Island as the first addition to my early commemorate set in 2011.Slide3.jpg

This silver round I found in a bucket of cheap coins. It was marked $37, I showed the dealer and he said he would let it go for $35...I reminded him silver is about $42-43 and he said he was good with that price. I also picked up a P and D roll of 2005 Westard Journey nickels that have nice golden toning for $2.50 per roll, a 1945P war nickel, and the Australian silver year of the tiger ($55). The tiger I figured is either going to be a flip or I'll just keep it. I don't collect the series but I do have the Dragon year for my sons birthyear. This was my favorite dealer and talked a while with him as he was a retired Navy Vietnam vet with 33 years of service.

Slide4.jpgSlide2-Copy.jpg

Aside from all that I had a nice talk with another elderly gentleman who had these OPA tokens 3 for $1 (which I had never heard of before).

IMG_1242.jpg

I am always a sucker for a longhorn on a coin...look at my avatar.Slide2.jpg

Lastly, my son made out like a bandit as usual and picked up a ton of foreign stuff (which is what he likes)...he is at that stage where quantity is better than quality. I did buy him an 1899 morgan at melt. It was another good day; however I think I will be saving a couple months allowances so I can some bigger purchases in the future.

It looks and sounds like you had a great time!

That's my favorite kind of show - it's not too crowded and you pick up a lot of fun stuff.

Thanks for the report!

Nice pickups! I just got my Long Island in the mail and need to take some photos.

Oh and I am quite partial to the long horn as well...

115488.jpg.92c36ebdf2a9b6b925c9b19d73f30e2f.jpg