• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1975-S Lincoln Cent (Rainbow)

14 posts in this topic

After getting the coin in hand I'm not impressed. Looks artificially toned to me too. :mad::censored:

According to the Ebay listing:

Rainbow Toned Proof 1975-S Lincoln Cent The coin in the picture is the coin will will receive If you Buy a toned coin you will like it money back guarantee if not satisfied No Chemicals are used to tone my coins.

Well he knew what he was selling. He did good and you still have an album filler. (thumbs u
I thank him for the coin and honesty (since technically he was correct in his listing that chemicals were not used). And you're right; it fills the hole in my album until I find a nicer coin. :whee:

I don't think the color is natural also, but it does fill the hole.

BTW believe or not back in 1975 "investment experts" were touting this coin as a “great investment” because the mintage was the lowest for any Lincoln cent since the 1914-D. That foolishness didn’t last for too long, but while it was happening, I watched a dealer fight over a 1975-S Proof set at a local coin club auction to the tune of $25.00 because of the cent! :o

I thank him for the coin and honesty...

I don't know that I would consider him honest, and his statement about no chemicals being used to tone his coins seems like an intentional attempt to make people believe that his coins are naturally toned rather than AT. On a side note, I agree with the other posters 100% that the coin is blatantly AT. With that said, even if the coin had been toned naturally, I still find it unattractive and would recommend that you stay away from coins like this.

I don't know that I would consider him honest, and his statement about no chemicals being used to tone his coins seems like an intentional attempt to make people believe that his coins are naturally toned rather than AT. On a side note, I agree with the other posters 100% that the coin is blatantly AT. With that said, even if the coin had been toned naturally, I still find it unattractive and would recommend that you stay away from coins like this.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

The original image of his coin made it look like your coin.

17606.jpg

However, coin in hand - it looks horrible and is only filling my circulated 1975-S in my album until I get another. But I agree, it looks horrible in hand.