• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pocket change...

9 posts in this topic

003.jpg

I can't believe how well this 2011-D Jefferson is struck. I dumped my change out on the dresser and this coin stuck out like a sore thumb. Just take a look at this nickel....The strike is incredible....Joe

I can't believe how well this 2011-D Jefferson is struck. I dumped my change out on the dresser and this coin stuck out like a sore thumb. Just take a look at this nickel....The strike is incredible....Joe

Joe - thats a great looking Jefferson! The other day I found a 1970-S that could be a RD63 or 64.

Joe - thats a great looking Jefferson! The other day I found a 1970-S that could be a RD63 or 64.

Yes, after comparing it to the Jefferson's of past years I've got to say it appears the mint has made some quality adjustments to their dies and the way they strike up their coins. I'm amazed as it looks proof quality....Joe

The mint folks are learning from their Micron equipment and have been making important, but subtle changes in all the circulating coins. Expect to see continued improvements in quality.

The nostalgic processes using hubs and Ulhorn arch presses and ladies in long dresses inspecting coins are gone.

The mint folks are learning from their Micron equipment and have been making important, but subtle changes in all the circulating coins. Expect to see continued improvements in quality.

The nostalgic processes using hubs and Ulhorn arch presses and ladies in long dresses inspecting coins are gone.

I thought it was still the same, I mean the ladies in long dresses and all. Patty Duke comes to mind.....Hmmmm, I've been away way to long...