• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A new red beauty

5 posts in this topic

Galloping past 40 coins...

This week I have added a couple new coins to my horses set. These coins put me past the 40 coin mark for the set!

I have been looking for a Venezuela coin featuring the horse on the national arms shield for quite some time. I was patient, and picky about this one, and I'm happy with the coin I finally picked up. I purchased a 1965 25 Centimos piece from Teletrade graded MS65 by NGC. It's a superbly clean coin, and has great detail. I love the steely look of it, and it's size is petite at 17 mm, or about the size of the U.S. Dime.

The second coin I acquired was through a trade with a fellow Collector's Society member. Specifically, brolytiz has a superb set of Lithuanian coins from 1925-1938. Lucky for me, he also had some extra examples. As a part of a trade, I am happy to add to my horses set a 1936 2 Centai piece graded MS64 RED by NGC. It is a beautiful coin, and features the same left facing mounted horseman/knight as my 1548 Lithuanian/Polish half grosz (also in my horses set). This is a symbol of Lithuania that has stood the test of time and is still used on their coinage to this day.

I hope everyone is having a good week. I will post large photos of both new coins on the Chat Boards link. Below is a small version of the Lithuania 2c.

Cheers!

9290.jpg

See more journals by brg5658

Very Nice Brandon, that Lithuanian coin is especially nice. Love those Baltic States, got to put them on my bucket list.

Cheers,

Malcolm